Audit Manager - National Markets, Milton Keynes, Open to flexibility
Audit Manager - National Markets, Milton Keynes, Open to flexibility
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
In the UK, KPMG audits more listed companies than any other professional services firm. Our success and reputation rests upon the quality and integrity of our services - not to mention our people. Rest assured; you will be working as a highly valued member of our 3,000 strong UK Audit practice.
Our KPMG London Regions Audit Function consist of offices in Central London, Cambridge, Gatwick, Milton Keynes and Watford who service clients across a variety of sectors which typically include (but is not limited to) automotive, media, construction, retail, telecommunications and sports. Our clients, who are both listed and non-listed, vary in size from large multi-national groups through to small owner managed businesses.
KPMG is one of the leading audit practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people. If you join our audit team, you could benefit from increased amounts of training and education to keep you up to speed with current changes in audit regulation and accounting and auditing standards.
Home Counties KPMG Audit department is split between Milton Keynes and Watford offices and provides primarily corporate audit services with some audits in the financial services, pensions and public sectors. Our clients cross a huge range of sectors and include: Rightmove plc, Mercedes Benz, Mercedes GP, Renault, Virgin Active, General Electric and Deckers (who make and sell Ugg boots).
The department is led by five Partners and five Directors and is supported by other services including Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax, Corporate Finance, Transaction Services, Pensions and Restructuring. There are around 80 people in the audit department. There has been significant success over the last four years and we are now looking to further grow the team. If you are a highly motivated newly qualified accountant with experience of leading audit teams on clients on a range of both IFRS and UK GAAP, then we’d like to hear from you. US GAAP and SOX experience would be preferential but not essential.
Both of our offices are modern have been recently refurbished and are close to their respective train stations with the train to London Euston taking at most 30 minutes from both offices. Watford office is a large office with a number of our central services departments located there. Both offices have canteen facilities.
We are looking for a qualified accountant to join the audit practice in our Watford office. As a Manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. Our client base is from a wide range of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations. Many of our clients are subsidiaries of overseas companies giving our work a truly international perspective.
Manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS and UK GAAP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Direct, coach and mentor between 4 and 8 audit staff in a performance manager role taking responsibility for overseeing their portfolio, business and personal issues and delivering feedback throughout the year
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assist the Director and Senior Manager (where applicable) in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as working on tenders for potential new clients and assisting with training courses for in-charges and audit assistants.
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Directors, Senior Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing - you will be able to deepen your understanding of consolidations, group audit and review of statutory accounts and disclosures
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
- Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
- Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Qualifications and Skills
- Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
- Recent and significant experience as a Manager in an external audit capacity within a big 4 accountancy firm
- Significant audit experience for large, mixed sector corporate clients
- Experience working with e-audit
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly Equal Opportunities employer.