Weekend First Aider, Part-time
2 days left
- Contract Type
Weekend First Aider, Part-time
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
The post holder will be the primary first aider on site acting as the key point of contact for staff and visitors in need of first aid assistance. The post holder will also take the lead in dealing with lost children liaising with the Emergency Duty Manager and Security Team. The post holder will work on Saturdays and the working hours will vary depending on the opening hours of the zoo.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The administration of first aid to ZSL employees, contractors, visitors and occasionally members of the public within and in the immediate vicinity of the London Zoo premises.
- Undertaking the supervision of lost children and vulnerable adults and implementing procedures in accordance with Child Protection guidelines
- Implementing and deploying health promotion initiatives throughout the Society.
- Reporting all accidents, incidents and near misses, logging them onto the incident management system and escalating to the Principle First Aider where required.
- Conduct initial investigations post incident regarding remedial actions and communicate to the Principle First Aider or relevant department.
- Promoting the ZSL H&S Policy where appropriate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Good basic level of education
- Must hold a valid First Aid at Work Certificate from a recognised awarding body
- Hold a valid UK Driving License (desirable)
- Will be required to have a DBS check
- Will be required to have full series of vaccinations (including Hepatitis B, Tetanus and Rabies).
- Past experience must include work in a First Aid role, ideally within a visitor attraction or public facing environment dealing with a variety of illness or injury’s.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate proven experience of working in similar role independently without direct supervision.
Please note: This is a permanent, part-time (Saturdays only) position and the working hours will vary depending on the opening hours of the zoo.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking 'Apply'
Closing date for applications: Midnight Wednesday 31st May 2017.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
Apply for Weekend First Aider, Part-time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly