Project Co-ordinator, part time 30 hrs/wk
Midaye is looking for a Project Co-ordinator.
You will co-ordinate our service delivery across a range of projects, including health, well-being and information provision. You will be responsible for ensuring that our projects work effectively to deliver benefits to our clients, and that we report our successes to funders and others.
You will be a central part of our vibrant, committed staff team – supporting our work in the community with e.g. single mothers, people with disabilities, and those with long term health problems. We work with members of all BME communities for whom English is an additional language – Ethiopian, Somali, Sudanese, Eritrean, Iraqi and others.
Our clients are usually refugees, and we help them become healthier, better educated and more informed about services. Our activities empower, advocate for and support the most disadvantaged and isolated members of our community.
Midaye, although still a small organisation (16 staff), has grown rapidly over the past 5 years – we have developed partnerships with local authorities, NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups, and other charities; become known for our innovative community work on FGM, chronic health, and educational underachievement; and become valued contributors to local, regional and national policy in our areas of work. At the same time, we have retained our deep community links with some of the most marginalised groups in London.
Reports to: Director
Manages: Project officers
30 hours per week, over 4 days/week, usually during our office hours of 9am-5pm but some flexibility may be required.
Midaye’s offices in West London
Major objectives/key tasks
The Project Coordinator will co-ordinate Midaye’s service delivery across a range of projects, including health, well-being and information provision. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that our projects work effectively to deliver benefits to our clients, and that we report our successes to funders and others in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide management support to the staff team including regular supervision and appraisal
- Support staff development, including induction and training as appropriate
- Develop and review project delivery plans, and track delivery against these
- With our finance staff/advisor, monitor project expenditure against budget
- Ensure staff have the information on project goals, delivery levels and reporting requirements that they need to delivery projects effectively.
- Work with the staff team to review and update systems and processes, identifying areas for development, taking initiative and problem solving when needed.
- Organise, attend and administer a variety of events and meetings.
- Ensure projects are fully publicised to the community and to external organisations, overseeing the design and production of publicity materials.
Project reporting and monitoring
- Oversee the collection of project data on delivery and client outcomes, ensuring this is accurately input in Midaye’s management database (Lamplight).
- Prepare project reports for Midaye’s Director, Board of Trustees and funders, using both numeric data from our management database and qualitative reporting.
- Provide support to project staff on collecting monitoring data and on using Midaye’s management database
- Review and refine project monitoring and reporting tools, where necessary
Project planning and development
- Participate actively in Midaye’s planning process and budgeting
- Support the Director in negotiating grants and contracts
- Support the Director in developing and maintaining relationships with partner organisation
- Work collaboratively across Midaye’s projects in order to strengthen integration and cross-learning
- Co-ordinate our staff meetings
- Attend any training necessary
- Work closely with Midaye’s Director, staff, advisors, partner organisations and community groups
- Other relevant duties as directed by Midaye’s Director
The successful candidate will be committed to Midaye’s Equal Opportunities Policy and their responsibility for its practical application. They will also be supportive of our aim to empower, advocate for and support the most disadvantaged, isolated and marginalised members of the BME communities for whom English is not a first language.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the job holder.
Person specification: Project Co-ordinator
- BA/BSc OR equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in co-ordinating/managing projects
- Experience of staff/volunteer management
- Experience of working or volunteering in community organisations
- Experience of computer packages including spreadsheets, word processing packages and databases.
- Experience of reporting to funders and others on project progress
- Excellent management and planning skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good numerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team
- Able to effectively promote Midaye’s mission values, and objectives
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Midaye is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
To apply, please fill in the attached application form and email via the apply section below
Please note - we will not accept CVs – you must complete the application form and return it to us no later than 5pm on 6 June 2017.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed on 22/23 June.
We look forward to receiving your application by 5pm on 6 June, 2017.
Apply for Project Co-ordinator, part time 30 hrs/wk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly