Database Administrator (open to flexible working arrangements)
We are open to a flexible working arrangement which we are happy to discuss, this could be an agreed number of days per week or Monday – Friday but reduced hours. We would anticipate that the role would require a minimum of 21 hours per week.
Last Word Media:
Last Word Media is an independent financial media solutions company. Set up in 2005 the aim of the organisation is to produce magazines, websites, events, and research for the quality end of the asset management industry. Its audience consists of discretionary portfolio managers, institutional investors, private bankers, and advisers specialising in investments.
It aims to be the definitive guide for those involved in fund selection, asset allocation and portfolio construction. Its publications are read in the UK, continental Europe, South Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. www.lastwordmedia.com
You will be responsible for a range of duties aimed at analysing, cleaning and processing data to improve the effectiveness of Last Word’s communications. This is an exciting opportunity to develop database, research and analytical skills supporting the sales, audience development, editorial, events and marketing teams.
- Work with the database system (MS Dynamics) to store, organise and manage data
- Keep the database up-to-date
- Help with database design and development
- Ensure data meets internal user requirements
- Administer the data requirements for all aspects of the business
- Extract data using segmentation to support marketing and sales activity
- Conduct regular customer/contact research to keep database updated
- Continually improve the quality and the efficiency of the data in the database
- Provide selections for marketing and sales campaigns
- Liaise with staff and the database vendor
- Manage internal database staff access
- Management of newsletter customer distribution data and event delegate data
- Overseeing marketing automation campaigns
- Strong analytical and organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand business needs and relay the importance of data
- Knowledge of database systems (preferably MS Dynamics)
- Able to work on own initiative and manage own time and deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Positive, can do attitude – ability to problem solve and suggest solutions
- Confident communicator, able to build and maintain relationships across the organisation with colleagues, especially sales, events and audience development
- Resilience in handling objections and challenges
- Experience working in a media organisation an advantage
- Knowledge of B2B data protection legislation
- Understanding of marketing operations
- SEO & PPC
- Email and CRM experience beneficial
What we offer you
- Excellent career prospects at a fast growing, highly regarded financial media company
- Structured on and off the job training with a bespoke development programme tailored to your needs
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- Opportunities to travel on the job
- Pension contribution up to 5%
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Access to season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV (no more than two sides of A4) and a one-page cover letter via the application method below.