Bookkeeper, part time - 3 days per week
We are looking for an experienced and qualified bookkeeper who is able not only to do the accounting but also help with the invoicing to the clients and also help with the expense sheets of the staff.
The hours are flexible and though much of the work will be done out of the offices in Victoria, some of the work may be done at home. It will probably work out at the equivalent of about 3 days per week.
- Recording financial transactions
- Handling accounts payable and receivable
- Completing tax forms
- Paying regular bills for the company
- Maintaining company ledgers
- Filing historical records and retrieving necessary documents as needed for others
- Recording cash receipts and handling bank deposits
- Recording and keeping track of rechargeable expenses
- Cheque handling
- Maintaining petty cash
- Preparing information for auditors
- Keeping an annual company budget
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed
- Additional bookkeeping duties as designated by management
Qualifications & Experience
- Good knowledge of accounting, either through experience or relevant courses
- Excellent IT skills and strong experience using packages such as FreeAgent / Xero
- Preparing reports with key financial data and operational metrics for clients
- Running payroll, ensuring pension data is up to date and issuing invoices
- Liaising with suppliers and other staff.
The person would be trustworthy and dependable and also be prepared to be part of the general administrative tasks when asked.
We are looking for an experienced person who is self-confident and not scared to take the initiative.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter highlighting how you meet the requirements of the role.