Business Development Manager (Part Time or Full Time)
We are very open to this role being done on a part time basis (4 days a week), and are happy to discuss how this might work with the right candidate.
Who we are
WPM Education is helping the further and higher education sectors rethink and transform the way they accept payment. Through unique sector knowledge and close collaboration, we can help institutions work smarter whilst delivering a better payment experience.
WPM is seeking a Business Development Manager to take responsibility for new business development in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Our primary focus is meeting and exceeding clients’ expectations, by developing a long term close working partnership, which delivers substantial value to their business and substantial cost savings. We help our clients understand and improve their customer (/payer) experience, manage and reduce external costs, improve staff efficiency and reduce their PCI DSS compliance scope.
We are keen to build on this approach with prospective clients; which requires alignment between the client’s core needs and WPM’s solution offering. Therefore, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate their ability to understand and project this value-led ethos, and support the development of long-term business relationships.
The opportunity for the Business Development Manager will be to grow and speed up the overall new business pipeline and demonstrate a positive outlook in their approach to managing the sales and achieving targets. WPM currently has over 170 clients in higher and further education, with the potential to at least double this number, so this is an exciting opportunity for the right person.
You will be responsible for:
- Proactively generating new business leads, as well as owning and managing incoming sales enquiries
- Meeting assigned targets, ensuring that the entire sales cycle is managed
- Working with our marketing team to support demand generation initiatives and follow up on leads
- Working with our Consultants to develop leads and proposals
- Creating and maintaining a realistic and progressive sales pipeline through detailed planning and analysis of prospects and their potential to benefit from our unique value proposition
- Networking and building relationships within target prospects in order to understand key decision makers and maintaining key partner relationships
- Maintaining a commitment to our core values built strongly on trust and integrity.
We recognise (and want) our people to have commitments and interests outside of work and actively support a healthy work-life balance. The role will involve spending time at our West Sussex office, and significant planned client travel and therefore we are looking for local candidates to Burgess Hill (within less than an hour’s commute) to help protect this work life balance principle.
Knowledge and Experience
We are looking for someone with demonstrable experience in a sales position within a comparable software or professional services provider successfully identifying, developing and closing medium-to-high value deals (typical range of £60k-£300k).
You will have a positive style that will naturally influence and bring new business to a close. Your decision-making and persuasiveness will be informed by robust analysis, market knowledge and you will feel comfortable presenting and influencing senior stakeholders individually or in a group.
More about WPM
Our benefits include;
- A genuine work life balance
- A friendly, supportive environment
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension
- Private medical insurance (family included)
- Ride to work scheme
- Fantastic social events!
- Complimentary food and drink
- Check out our Glassdoor reviews.
What we are proud of
- WPM currently has over 170 clients in higher and further education, with the potential to at least double this number
- Our client retention levels over the last 15 years are outstanding
- Our business model is built strongly on recurring revenue
- Our staff happiness score is 9/10.
We look forward to hearing from you.