Studio Manager and bookkeeper (Full or Part Time and open to flexible working) - Clerkenwell, London
An amazing opportunity for a Studio Manager with bookkeeping skills to join our friendly creative company in the heart of Clerkenwell. If you are looking for a challenging and varied role, this job could be for you.
Bookkeeping experience in a standalone role is essential as you will be responsible for our day-to-day accounts. We are a small company so duties will be varied and range from accounts to office management and sales and marketing support.
The right person will be highly organised and keen to get stuck in and bring new ideas and initiatives to the business.
The role is 3-5 days a week and we are open to flexible working.
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 * Pro rata/depending on experience + amazing benefits
Culture: Relaxed, fun, supportive team.
- Entering sales & purchase invoices
- Credit control, accounts payable and receivable
- Raising purchase orders, completing supplier set-up forms
- Reconciling credit card, bank statements and expenses
- Reconciling online payouts from Shopify and Stripe
- Entering payroll information & making pension contributions
- Preparing quarterly royalty and sales reports
- Processing quarterly VAT returns
- Producing monthly expenditure and financial reports
- Updating company spreadsheets
- Renewing and submitting trademark applications
- Assisting with year-end accounts preparation, posting manual journals
- Setting up new clients and contracts on the internal system.
- General adhoc PA duties to support directors
- Managing office supplies, utilities, subscriptions and facilities
- Renewing insurance policies
- Liaising with landlord, cleaner and any third party suppliers
- Deal with incoming post and deliveries; booking couriers
- Organising repairs, maintenance and fire safety testing
- Booking travel, flights and accommodation where necessary
- Maintaining office records, filing and archiving
- Organising staff summer and Christmas parties, and regular social events
- Preparing staff contracts and new starter paperwork
- Setting up new staff on Payroll, Pension, e-Days absence booker and IT logins
Sales and marketing support
- Assisting Marketing Director and Commercial Director with ad-hoc tasks or ongoing projects
- Dealing with small value offline deals, to include quoting, paperwork and delivery
- Answering general website enquiries
- Managing Shopify account; fulfilling orders, liaising with postal house and responding to customer queries
- Adding new products to online shop, dealing with postage rates and product VAT.
- Updating Salesforce including reviewing leads and dealing with or assigning as appropriate
- Resolving duplicate records
- Maintaining contact records and updating as necessary
- Dealing with mail returns and updating the database
- Adding new contacts and accounts as appropriate.
Skills and experience
- Three to five years relevant book keeping experience
- Experience in accounting/payroll software, good working knowledge of Xero and Excel
- Knowledge of financial legislation and regulations
- Good knowledge and experience of VAT
- Flexible, helpful and proactive
- Strong work ethic and a willing attitude.
Fontsmith is a leading boutique type foundry with a complete font design and production service. Founded in 1997 by Jason Smith and known for creating fonts with a distinctively human character, Fontsmith is a truly international team of designers working from a studio in central London.
To apply please send us a cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
We look forward to hearing from you.