Workday Reporting Specialist, Open to flexible working
Workday Reporting Specialist
With over 100,000 employees in over 130 countries on Workday, the Global HR Reporting team at GSK plays a critical role in providing high quality HR management information and operational data to both HR and global managers. The team delivers a full reporting service ranging from ad hoc reporting requests through to participation in strategic HR projects, where data is key to driving efficiencies and supporting effective decision-making.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Workday Reporting Specialist to join the Global HR Reporting team based at GSK House in Brentford (London) combining technical ability with strong project management and communication skills.
Working closely with the HR Process & System leads and HR Tech, you will deliver key projects and ensuring HR and Managers have access to the data and insights they need to support processes and drive more efficient, data-based decision making.
Does this sound like an ideal job for you?
- Shape, build and deliver new reports in Workday to meet and adapt to changing business needs.
- Become the reporting SME for your global HR process areas, building an effective working partnership with the respective Global HR Process Owners and Workday HR Tech team.
- Manage Global HR reporting queries from new data requests, changes to reports and report defects.
- Lead and deliver continuous improvement projects by working across boundaries, gathering requirements, managing key stakeholders and owning project documentation.
- Build relationships with key user groups both within and outside HR ensuring the delivery of high quality management information that is valuable, insightful and accessible for the end user (the scope of this will grow beyond Workday as we begin to offer broader reporting solutions)
- Enhance the reporting suite through regular maintenance and audit of process area aligned reports.
- Workday release management. Own the change management for any future Workday releases which impacts our Workday reporting functionality, especially within aligned process areas.
- Protect the privacy and security of personal data by embedding the reporting governance model.
- Contribute to the wider development of a data-driven culture across all GSK HR professionals.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: 28th of February 2019!
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Competitive salary + benefits.
- Experience in workforce reporting from an HRIS application (ideally Workday but not essential)
- Experience of core HR processes including the hire and termination process.
- Experience of working with confidential data.
- Advanced excel skills, comfortable working with large volumes of data.
- Knowledge of SQL is beneficial
- Ability to function as a team player within a matrix organisation, managing own priorities and communicating conflicting demands in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ability to manage and deliver in parallel multiple projects and tasks across a broad range of areas.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience of liaising with senior stakeholders.
- Project management capability including creation and ownership of project documentation.
- Degree with good mathematical exposure preferred or equivalent experience to demonstrate numerical capability.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.