UK Country Manager – Tech Education, West London
7 days left
- Contract Type
Our client is a young, entrepreneurial training organisation with a focus on creative tech skills for young people.
They are seeking a UK Country Manager to play a central role in launching and leading their tech education programmes. They are growing at a fast pace and need someone with the grit and know how to help scale the business based on best practice. This person will possess exceptional operational skills, seasoned commercial judgement and sound interpersonal abilities. Reporting to the CEO and working in close collaboration with the Head of Learning, and managing the Head of HR, Director of Technology, Operations Manager and our Marketing Manager, this individual will play a pivotal role in running the operations and building best practices for the UK market. This person will be instrumental in influencing the firm’s future direction as we expand globally.
- Program implementation, management and tracking: Manage the seasonal roll out of all courses across the UK and ensure that the programmatic model is implemented with operational excellence. Collaborate with marketing, website development, curriculum development, and HR, and manage Operations to ensure the successful rollout of all programmes.
- Commercial oversight: Assume responsibility of the P&L for the UK business, growing revenue, student numbers and profitability to the goals set by the Board.
- Budget management: Manage the annual budget and play a key role in developing the annual budget.
- Performance Management: Track team key OKRs/metrics & report to the CEO
- Evaluation: Implement processes to measure the impact of programs and create a plan for evaluating and tracking success against those metrics.
- Team Management and Co-ordination: Serve as the hub of a continuously evolving set of programmatic operations, staff infrastructure, and partner network. Be the “glue” that holds various parts of the firm together during this critical growth stage.
- Strategy: Provide strategic input into UK business growth & development
- Team: Support in building the core Team
- Technology: Manage the interface between the technology team and the rest of the business, ensuring that requirements are well understood by all parties and development time lines prioritised against the needs of the business
Candidates will have:
- Strong commercial acumen and demonstrable experience of working with budgets, cost management and forecasting.
- Team management skills including performance management
- Experience in managing technology teams
- Understanding of the tech education market & geography
- Experience with complex, ambitious and high growth businesses that rely on a robust operational infrastructure to succeed
- Exceptional operational and organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Can demonstrate how you prioritise and make decisions using data to direct them.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and intensely while juggling multiple priorities in an entrepreneurial environment.
- 5 + years working in an operations role with budget and headcount responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree preferred.
Flexibility: Full time role with 1 day a week remote working (office hours 9am-6pm)
Salary: £65K plus benefits
Location: West London
Recruiter Contact: Linda Baldwin