Flexible Working Consultant, Part Time or Full Time
6 days left
- Contract Type
Timewise are the UK’s leading experts and thought leaders on workplace flexibility. We provide a range of research, social consultancy and training services that work for both employers and employees and build more inclusive workplaces, enabling employers to attract, engage and progress talent.
We are looking for both Principal and Senior Consultants to join our growing consultancy team, on either a full time or part time basis.
You will have relevant OD/HR consultancy experience and will work on a range of projects with some of the UK’s biggest brand names. You will also contribute to account management and business development, helping scope opportunities to enable other employers to embrace flexible working.
Purpose of the role
- To deliver innovative consultancy and training projects for both corporate and public sector clients, including diagnostic work, training workshops and change / OD consultancy around flexible working, flexible job design and flexible hiring
- To help develop new consultancy or training opportunities for Timewise, and maintain long-term relationships with employers and sector bodies.
Consultancy and project management:
- Establish credibility and maintain relationships with clients
- Manage a portfolio of projects, and keep them on track and to budget
- Understand the specific drivers and commercial or operational constraints faced by each client, and be able to relate these to flexible working
- Rapidly learn Timewise processes and practices, and be able to integrate these into each client’s pre-existing initiatives or issues
- Run client meetings, taking account of feedback and adapting process as necessary
- Make recommendations that work with each client’s strategic context and will ‘land’ with the individuals involved.
- Identify opportunities to promote Timewise and our services to employers through appropriate networks, industry and membership bodies
- Work with the marketing team to refine collateral to promote our services and keep updated.
Skills and Experience
- Consulting to organisations on organisational development or job design, including running complex multi-function programmes, building client relationships and keeping projects on track and to budget
- Business and commercial acumen: able to rapidly understand strategic drivers and operational concerns about flexible working, suggest ways of overcoming them, and guide clients towards appropriate action.
- Stakeholder management skills: ability to maintain relationships over time, credible up to Board level, working with employers, policy-makers and sector trade bodies, especially in private sector, but also in public sector.
- Workshop and facilitation skills: ability to engage participants, convey information convincingly, listen and handle objections
- Presentation skills: confidence, presence and credibility in making presentations up to Board level, and in public conferences, roundtables, seminars and events.
- Practical research skills, including collecting data via focus groups, stakeholder interviews and surveys, and writing up results and recommendations into compelling action plans and succinct end-of-project reports
- Knowledge of flexible working practices, understanding of the business case for flexible working, and flexible job design
- Business development skills, including market research, identifying potential clients, making contacts and offering consultancy solutions tailored to client need.
- Experience of running quantitative surveys and knowledge of quantitative methods
- In house experience in an HR / OD / Resourcing or Operational Management role.
- The post holder will report to the Timewise Director of Research and Consultancy, Charlotte Gascoigne, and work closely with Programme Directors Claire Campbell and Natalie Gill on projects across the whole range of Timewise’s social consultancy.
If this sounds like the ideal position for you, please apply with your CV and covering letter highlighting how you meet the requirements of the role, via the application method below.
Apply for Flexible Working Consultant, Part Time or Full Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly