Property Features Writer (Part Time) - Buckingham Palace Road, London
This is a part-time position working three days a week alongside the Property Editor, helping to produce the weekly Property supplement. You will be responsible for creating engaging property content for both digital and print.
While the position will focus on features and lifestyle-driven property writing, you will ideally also be confident in covering aspects such as stamp duty and market conditions.
Working as part of a small team, you will also be required to deputise for the Property Editor for short periods (holidays etc) and therefore should have some experience of putting print pages together, with a flair for headlines, standfirsts and pictures/graphics.
- Help with production of the Property supplement
- Come up with exclusive and original feature ideas, and developing creative ways to present them
- Writing regularly for the Property supplement and online
- Produce engaging online content, including maps and data stories
- Maintain an extensive network of contacts
- Develop a deep knowledge of the subject, including estate agents, property prices, stamp duty and planning law
- Spot potential stories or digital projects from raw data, case studies or news
- Monitoring reader correspondence via email, story comments, post and social - and use this as a prompt for idea generation
- Deputising for the Property Editor in their absence.
Essential skills required for the role
- Journalistic experience at a newspaper, newswire or digital environment
- The ability to produce clean copy and write features with flair
- Confidence and creativity with headlines, standfirst, pictures, graphics
- The capability to work at their best when under pressure and juggling multiple tasks
- A good understanding of the Telegraph voice and what matters to readers on different platforms, alongside an understanding of the property market
- Understanding of digital optimisation of content, including social media and SEO.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Experience editing copy
- Knowledge of InCopy and/or InDesign
- Numerical literacy and the ability to spot stories within raw numbers.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.