Global Talent Strategy Director, Open to flexible working
Global Talent Strategy Director
Job Description :
The purpose of our Human Resources function is to be an agile, connected and accountable partner to the business, enabling growth and performance. Our Global Functions teams sit right at the heart of driving this growth focusing on three distinctive areas to add real value to the business…Organisation Effectiveness, Talent and Performance Enablement.
Our Talent Centre of Excellence provides future proofed, innovative & performance-enabling strategies on talent, organisation & culture. We currently have an opportunity for a Global Talent Strategy Director to join and to build relationships across the organization in shaping and delivering a commercially focused approach to talent management.
We’ve shared a little below about our talent strategies and also our ambitions…
- Lead and integrate global Talent, Capability, Diversity, Culture frameworks, processes and policies and ensure robust governance
- Establish world-class talent management capability that delivers bold and sustainable performance difference
- Attract, hire and retain the best and most diverse talent ahead of business need
- Define and lead transformation in Culture, Diversity & Inclusion to enable performance and growth of the business and our people
- Partner with Functional Executive teams in accelerating behind our key talent and organisational priorities globally
- Shape our talent and capability priorities in line with our people plans and the business strategy
- Lead the talent pipeline for senior and critical roles in the organisation against world class benchmarks
- Work with HRDs in defining and executing critical talent management outcomes including ExCo and senior leader succession
- Lead talent planning and process execution (e.g. Talent Reviews) globally by aligning leadership teams to the talent strategy; embedding the talent principles
- Define and align talent segment needs globally through multi-year talent planning and succession analytics; identify needs in line with current and future business priorities
- Drive rigorous governance of talent processes to enable clear talent insights through HR data and analytics
- Partner with HR Transformation and HR Process governance to ensure we drive simplification, standardisation and automation in our data that builds continuity and rigour in our evolving decision making
- Employ an external lens, looking to the future, to help shape a commercially focused talent strategy to deliver the performance ambition.
What are we looking for?
You will have a solid background in HR where you will have already proven your ability to shape and deliver exemplary Talent strategy.
- Strong analytic orientation – brings insights and trends from data
- Ability to communicate and influence at many levels internally and externally
- Strong orchestrator that can work across the global matrix
Growing and acquiring the talent base needed to support business success
- Role model for growth mindset and can link talent goals to business goals
- Drives a rigorous, analytical approach to consistent assessment of talent (internal or external)
- Analyse key talent information including output of our people plans to understand issues and opportunities for the business.
- Can generate insights and recommendations based on analysis and prioritise plans accordingly
- Strong external radar, in particular on emerging talent trends and can decipher the issues and opportunities for Diageo and build these into talent plans now and for the future
Applying great talent judgements
- Can shape and evolve core talent processes (e.g. talent reviews) with simplicity, discipline and rigour to ensure high quality judgements about people
- Strong talent judgements informed by the broader implications and consequences of these decisions
- Systematic approach to talent management and development and judges how processes are linked and interconnected
- Can coach others to understand and apply the appropriate level of judgement when making critical talent decisions
Applying a commercially focused approach to Talent Management
- Deeply understands holistic business goals and can identify the talent implications
- Adept at interpreting and bringing together different data sources and use them in combination to derive insights
- Develop plans that systematically address the businesses talent needs with targeted interventions