Talent Engagement Manager, Open to flexible working
Talent Engagement Manager
Job Description :
Ever since Arthur Guinness took out a 9,000 year lease on a Dublin brewery, some 250 years ago, we are a business defined by the character of the people that work here. And it took immense character from Alexander Walker to convince the captains of every ship in the port of Glasgow to take crates of Johnnie Walker to the four corners of the world and, so, create the first truly global drinks brand.
Today nothing’s changed.
Our business is still in the hands of people with vision and formidable determination. And while they make our iconic brands ever stronger around the world, we help them get stronger and go further than they thought possible. We help them define their careers with major, global responsibility.
Diageo’s Performance Ambition calls for us to create the best performing most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world; this requires us to guarantee our plans with the right people and capabilities. Talent Engagement is the global function that attracts, assesses and selects external and internal talent that is the best for Diageo to help deliver our performance ambition.
The TEM role is highly visible to a large cross section of key and senior stakeholders given the focus on mid to senior-career hiring, which will typically involve many critical leadership roles that have a significant impact on the organisation’s ability to achieve key business outcomes. The TEM will be an expert in the resourcing, hiring and talent planning process and will be a coach and mentor to their client group. The TEM will also provide advice and guidance to business and HR stakeholders on their input to a robust multi-year talent plan and the on-going monitoring of that plan
From the candidate perspective, the role of Talent Engagement is to bring our employer brand and employee value proposition to life by expressing our purpose, values and ambitions by connecting talent with what makes our culture special. An excellent candidate experience is pivotal and we believe that by engaging with talent in a positive way, irrespective of the outcome, we can drive advocacy for our business creating highly engaged pipelines of talent.
Supporting the introduction of new technologies (new ATS and new CRM) and championing “ahead of the curve” pipelining and recruiting you will be required to support new ways of working and continually evolve the way TE works to add value: internal talent assurance processes, talent reviews, succession management, utilising technology (and AI), brand ambassadorship for Diageo (as examples)
We are looking for….
- A resourcing expert demonstrated through an appropriate professional qualification –LinkedIn Certified Professional Recruiter, Institute of Recruiters etc.
- Experience of managing multiple senior stakeholders and candidates in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of managing senior mid-career hiring
- Strong external radar and awareness of external best practice
- Ability to generate insight from data and generate action plans from data insights
- Have exceptional consultative skills and be able to influence action and change with stakeholders
- An ability to listen but also persuasively convey opinions and recommendations
- Have an understanding of the component parts of HR to understand how it is possible to deliver a high-quality service to a client group
- An ability to work in the most confidential situations gaining trust and respect from candidates and hiring stakeholders
We operate in 180 countries and are the leading premium alcohol company in every region of the world. Wherever you join us, you’ll find people, brands and projects that are the perfect blend of local and global. When we tell you there’s a world of opportunities here, we mean it literally.