People Consulting Manager - open to flexible working
The rapid evolution of technology, economic and social trends is changing the world of business. We believe organisations need to innovate and adapt to change much quicker, and a key enabler of this is through their people. The People Consulting team supports business leaders to address this by helping clients shape and align their people strategy, ensuring organisation goals are clearly linked to the strategy of the HR Function, and how these translate into clear objectives for people across the business. We work with leaders on the design and delivery of operating models and structures to support their vision and strategy, ensuring we are excellent change managers making transformation and change sustainable. We also know that an organisations culture, leadership and employee value proposition is integral to people engagement, creating a competitive advantage and managing through change.
The People Consulting team is part of Grant Thornton’s People Advisory team, and this role is a key player in the People Advisory team. People Advisory is a key strategic growth enabler for the firm and this role is key in developing this, upskilling the teams which sit within People Advisory nationally, and therefore generating cross-selling opportunities within People Advisory and wider Grant Thornton.
A Manager in Business Consulting will work as part of a project team, sometimes leading one or more Executives and involving other service lines. A Manager will be responsible for leading smaller projects with minimal oversight from an Associate Director/Director/Partner and will interface directly with client management, stakeholders, other Grant Thornton advisors, whilst taking responsibility for risk management, budgets and billing. The manager will also be expected to contribute towards business development activities.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Clients, client service and markets
- Supports and inputs in to the development and delivery of a clear go-to market plan for People Advisory across all our regions, leveraging our internal resource and external network
- Supports the Director and Associate Director on key accounts for People Advisory, including the management and day-to-day activities of these
- Is a key support on writing and developing proposals for targets and clients, including being a key support on pitching or as part of a wider pitch team. Will look for innovative ways to deliver the proposals and pitches to set People Advisory apart from the competition.
- Projects a professional image and builds good rapport with the client, with a clear understanding of client expectations
- Interacts confidently with clients, with impact and gravitas
- Day to day client relationship lead role for smaller projects, regularly updating key client stakeholders and responding to client needs
- Understands the key issues within a business using previous experiences across functional and sector bases
- Flexibility to be able to travel to clients premises and respond to client requests at short notice
- Collects and presents information (verbal and written) to clients and engagement leaders in a logical manner
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Leads report drafting for smaller projects, or drafting of specific sections for larger projects, with minimal oversight, ensuring accuracy for all figures presented
- Ability to work autonomously on specific pieces of work and smaller projects (under the supervision of a people manager)
- Actively participates in (and for smaller projects leads) the presentation of conclusions and recommendations to clients
- Creates a positive first impression, projecting a professional image
- Proactively builds own network both internal and external to the Firm to generate leads
- Actively seeks to support the preparation of sales proposals and pitches, including research
- Understands the services of Grant Thornton and takes an active role in cross selling
- Leads initiatives to raise the awareness of People Consulting within the Firm
- Takes an active role in marketing events and seminars, including organising, as required by the department
- Supports the development of People Consulting product collateral, including tools and templates etc.
- Responsibility for capturing of experiences and credentials after each project
- Drafts project budgets and monitors/manages actual costs versus budget
- Ensures fees are collected in a timely manner and debtors kept to a minimum
- Responsibility for leading take on procedures, including drafting letters of engagement for Partner or director approval
- Ensures all files are closed down on completed projects in accordance with the Firm's policy (including approval sign off)
- Works effectively and enthusiastically with all members of the team
- Adopts a proactive, 'sleeves rolled up' attitude
- Prepares own self-appraisal and regularly seeks feedback after each assignment
- Supports the provision of 'on the job' training to Executives including regular feedback
- Actively seeks opportunities to attend training courses to develop technical and softer skills
- Demonstrates team leadership by supporting the management and running of the department (e.g. by organising team meetings and initiatives)
Please click the "apply" button below for further details and to make an application