Administrative Support: Intellectual Property Formalities (Open to flexible working)
2 days left
- Contract Type
As the IP Formalities person you will be expected to do the following:
- Check trade mark renewal reminder information from Third Party sources against our internal databases and update if necessary (seeking assistance as appropriate)
- Cross-check data entry and existing data in IPM and/or Anaqua in accordance with standard procedures and update if necessary (seeking assistance as appropriate)
- Update records constantly with e.g. application/publication/registration details as new details become available (seeking assistance as appropriate)
- Process registration certificates and other legal documents (such as change of ownership certificates, renewal certificates) (seeking assistance as appropriate)
- Assist with ownership recordals and queries (seeking assistance as appropriate)
- Assist with trade mark renewals process (seeking assistance as appropriate)
- Analyse and resolve paralegal enquiries (seeking assistance as appropriate)
- Monitor and help assist with correspondence in departmental mailboxes
- Monitor and comply with deadlines for submission of subsequently filed documents (seeking assistance as appropriate)
- Save correspondence to the appropriate document management system (seeking assistance as appropriate)
- Archive legal documents following internal process (seeking assistance as appropriate)
- Resolve invoicing queries, carry out invoice spot checks (seeking assistance as appropriate)
- Assist with various verification projects by contacting external counsel, using registry databases, comparing data and then update the patent and trade mark databases accordingly (seeking assistance as appropriate)
- Have regular communication with immediate colleagues and with the wider IP Services team, making recommendations for continuous improvement to processes thus ensuring consistency in patent and/or trade mark practices.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you're the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 24TH February to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- An understanding of the importance of meeting deadlines
- Ability to be able to work independently
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Confidence to ask to questions/seek further guidance when needed
- Ability to multi-task
- Positive and enthusiastic outlook
- Ability to prioritise a complex workload with conflicting deadlines.
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive On Target Bonus
- 26-days paid holiday
- Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
- GSK Pension
- Share & Save Schemes
- Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.