Office Administrator - Part Time - 3 days per week - Chancery Lane, London
Work Pattern: Week one Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday and alternate weeks Wednesday/Thursday/Friday
Postlethwaite Solicitors are a niche law firm specialising in employee share schemes and employee ownership. We are looking for a permanent part-time Office Administrator. The purpose of the role is to assist the Practice Manager with aspects of managing the business and to support other members of the team. There may be potential to develop this role to full time in the future. You would become part of a supportive and friendly team.
About the job
- Finance administration including invoicing, sales and purchase ledger control
- Credit control and debt chasing
- Recording all finance transactions using our accounting software Xero
- Data input to time recording software
- Maintaining client files and documentation including Money Laundering ID and engagement letters
- Support our solicitors in their production of legal documents when required
- Answering the telephone
- Greeting clients and arranging refreshments as required
- Any other office assistance as required and typical of a job in a small company.
About you – the role requires these essential characteristics
- Experience dealing with all aspects of accounts in a small company including; sales and purchase invoices, chasing debts, petty cash and month-end analysis
- Strong computer literacy- Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel and Powerpoint and database experience
- Able to quickly learn and use new programmes
- Strong administration background acting as a support to a busy team
- Be methodical and have a thorough and responsible approach to work with an eye for detail
- A strong communicator who can develop relationships at all levels
- Have an interest in all aspects of office administration
- Happy working in a small team in an open plan office
- A confident team player who likes to get involved and will share our values
- Knowledge of Xero would also be beneficial.
To apply please submit your CV and a supporting statement detailing your suitability for the role.
We look forward to hearing from you.
*This job is being re-advertised, previous applicants need not apply.