Consultant, Sports Business Group, Open to flexible working
The Sports Business Group at Deloitte is a market-leading team of specialist advisors working exclusively on sports assignments, bringing commercial, financial, strategic and business knowledge to solve the key challenges facing sports’ leading organisations.
The Sports Business Group also publishes renowned industry commentaries, including the Deloitte Annual Review of Football Finance and the Deloitte Football Money League.
We are currently looking to expand our team by recruiting for a Consultant based in Manchester.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for working across the full spectrum of client projects, as well as helping maintain the Group’s sports business information system.
As a Consultant you will have the opportunity to be involved in a range of transactions/projects where you will:
- Take a team role in supporting clients, using outstanding technical and commercial skills on sports business projects;
- Gain experience across a variety of sports on a variety of strategic and operational projects;
- Manage single or multiple project teams to deliver exceptional impact;
- Work to tight deadlines, adding value on complex, high profile and sensitive projects;
- Show outstanding levels of sports business, finance and market analysis;
- Lead client relationships and manage client relationships as part of project deliver;
- Coach and develop team members to become excellent consultants; and
- Assist in putting together high-quality reports for clients and work on the group’s key publications (Annual Review of Football Finance and Deloitte Football Money League).
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A minimum of three years’ experience at a top tier management consulting / professional services firm and / or in the sports business industry
- A relevant Degree or MBA;
- Proven interest in, and understanding of, the sports business market;
- Experience of leading teams and managing projects is preferable;
- Strong financial and analytical skills;
- Outstanding working knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel);
- A committed, flexible and team-oriented working style;
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both oral and written;
- A strong career and academic record;
- A broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; and
- A clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
Additional desirable experience includes:
An accountancy or other financially led professional qualification would also be an advantage.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 163469