Senior Gifting Manager, Open to flexible working
At Diageo character is everything.
Our spirit, passion and sense of adventure reaches every part of the globe. We want our employee base to reflect the world around us, and to create a culture that is open-minded and inclusive. You’ll find people from diverse backgrounds working together to make our business and our communities stronger.
Global Travel (GT) business has recently reshaped its mission and strategy and will be a critical driver of Diageo’s global growth. Our mission is to lead the Travel Retail industry into the future.
In Marketing, our vision is that every global traveller has an engaging experience with our brands. Over 6 billion people travel through our channel each year, offering unparalleled 1+ reach. Whilst the primary focus of GT marketing roles is to drive purchase within the GT market via meaningful connection throughout the “end-to-end traveller journey”, the opportunity to enhance brand value on a global scale is significant.
We operate in a distinct channel organised with proximity to our customers and run a truly diverse organisation with operations in 22 countries and over 40 nationalities represented in teams across the world. The business operates through two geographies – Europe & Americas and APAC & Middle East. Our unique channels include ‘duty free’ sales in travel retail through airport shops, border shops, on-board aeroplanes, cruises and international ferries.
The team are based in HQ in London so proximity to the office is essential.
About the role:
One third of all purchases in Global Travel are gifts, and unlike many markets, it’s a 365 day a year opportunity with 84% classed as “everyday” vs “festive” gifting. The opportunity to strengthen Diageo’s position in this lucrative market is huge – sourcing volume not just from other spirits, but from champagne, confectionery and beyond.
This unique role which is will drive a breakthrough in our gifting and renovation agenda; setting out a clear vision and strategy but more importantly, working with agencies, internal stakeholders and ISC to deliver gifts that surprise and delight travellers and deliver profitable growth for Diageo.
Reporting directly to the Marketing & Innovation Director, deliverables include:
- £10M+ pipeline of gift solutions and roadmap to £50M
- Develop Gifting strategy and framework for profitable growth. Drive the agenda in GT, through Diageo Innovation and GBTs and critically with Supply. Significant shifts in WOW might be required to deliver more agile, flexible and profitable pack solutions to meet consumer needs.
- Lead packaging design on all secondary packaging across brands
- Contribute to overall GT Productivity goals by ensuring we have the right agency partners on both design and execution, clear guidelines on materials/structures/production methods.
About you, your background and your skills:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive marketing experience in a comparable FMCG multinational, drinks industry preferred
- In-depth innovation experience, specifically a proven track record in gifting with comparable £10M budgets
- Packaging development expertise, combined with strong commercial acumen
- A business degree or above would be advantageous
- Knowing instinctively how to balance design excellence and offers that delight consumers, with commercial and supply know-how to ensure gifting solutions are viable and profitable
- Exceptional influencing and stakeholder engagement skills are essential
- A second language would be highly advantageous due to global nature of GT