SAP BI Analyst & UX Developer, Open to flexible working
Deloitte is transforming the way it does analytics and reporting. Help us develop our internal analytics capability, by working on projects using market-leading enterprise technologies and cutting-edge solutions. We are looking for experienced BI developers who want to work with a diverse product set and develop their career as part of an internal BI / Analytics team working with numerous data sources including SAP S/4HANA.
- BI business analysis, user experience design and development delivery
- Working as part of a multi-discipline team to deliver a transformational BI programme to redefine local and regional reporting in support of global rollouts of both S/4HANA and Salesforce
- Gathering requirements from business stakeholders and facilitating reporting workshops
- Translating requirements into deliverables (dashboards, reports, underlying metrics / calculations and specifying the data granularity) and high-level effort estimates
- Produce high quality documentation for functional specifications and/or support documents for Service teams
- Communicating with the technical resources on the project in order to assist with converting the requirements into a working technical solution
- Taking part in daily SCRUM round-tables to give updates on and/or resolve issues with wider team
- Acting as an SME on data flows, data structures, KPIs and reports
- Assist to create test scenarios and facilitating test plans
- Assist in Business Change Management and Service Transition / Readiness
- Undertaking impact analysis, assessing change readiness and identifying key stakeholders
- Supporting training efforts
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: Cardiff/Milton Keynes, with occasional travel to London offices and overseas
Permanent, full-time 37.5 hours per week
Your professional experience
- At least 4 years’ experience of BI or Analytics projects as a business analyst and solution developer
- Strong understanding and application of best-practice principles for data visualization and report design
- Understanding of BI Tools (e.g. SAP BO Webi, Crystal, A4O, QlikView, Tableau), and appropriate use-cases.
- Capable of gathering and understanding significance of functional requirements with end users and non-functional requirements with technical teams
- Capable of creating high-quality functional spec documentation and data flows in Visio or similar
- Understands the basic principles of data warehousing and multi-dimensional data modelling, including end-to-end data flow mapping
- Capable of working with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Excellent consultancy / client-facing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working with an Agile Project Management tool, such as JIRA or VSTS
- Technical knowledge or experience of developing using Data warehousing technologies (e.g. SQL server, Oracle, SAP HANA etc.) and good understanding of key Data Warehouse principles
- Functional knowledge of SAP Finance and HCM as a data source
- Qualification or evidence understanding of financial accounting
- Functional knowledge of Salesforce as a data source
- Experience of working with colleagues and 3rd party suppliers based remotely or offshore
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Property & Corporate Services, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 163048