Postdoctoral Fellow - Data Analytics and Solid-form Informatics, Open to flexible working
Postdoctoral Fellow - Data Analytics and Solid-Form Informatics
A postdoctoral fellow is being taken on to assess and embed computational tools currently being developed at the Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre (CCDC). The role will be based 3 days a week at GSK Stevenage and 2 days a week at the CCDC in Cambridge.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing in-depth knowledge of CCDC computational tools to become a GSK subject matter expert
- Assessing the CCDC tools for application within GSK
- Authoring scientifically rigorous reports outlining the results to projects, making recommendations as required
- Developing ways of incorporating these tools into GSK processes, including: preparation of a new risk assessment mechanism and template report that can be applied to all small molecule early phase APIs; and identifying suitable API salts and co-crystals in silico
- Helping address any predicted 'early warnings' with proactive suggestions on more directed experimental and computational screening
- Providing additional computational backing for the experimental findings presented in the 'General Properties, Solid State Forms' section of regulatory files and any subsequent questions that arise
- Communicating the ideas and possibilities behind the CCDC tools to GSK staff new to the area
- Representing GSK's interests and conveying scientific direction within the CCDC
- Upholding GSK's values and scientific integrity in moving this nascent technology forwards
- Representing GSK externally through publications and conference presentations
- PhD qualified - Chemistry-related discipline e.g. solid-state chemistry, crystallography, computational chemistry or similar.
- Strong experience in relevant subject matter within either academia or industry. Knowledge and background are key components of this role, which is why we are employing a postdoctoral fellow. The role will involve using that knowledge, combined with the learnings gathered throughout this fixed-term contract, to provide project managers with actionable metrics to support key decisions and proactively drive the development and manufacturing of future GSK assets.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical solid state and the CCDC tools (either from a previous job or academic training) would clearly be advantageous.
CLOSING DATE for applications: 19th March 2019 (COB)
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- PhD - Chemistry-related discipline e.g. solid-state chemistry, crystallography, computational chemistry or similar. This will be required to match the very technical requirements of the role.
- It would be advantageous for you to have knowledge and experience of CCDC products, Crystal Form Consortium tools and Python scripting but these are not "must-have" requirements.
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.