Commercial Director - London - Open to flexible working
Responsible to: Group Director
Hours: Full time, but open to flexible working (more details below)
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 plus commission
Package: Pension, laptop, phone, car allowance
Our Mission: About Sport Works
It is an exciting time to join Sport Works, one of the fastest growing organisations in the UK sport/education sectors as we continue to identify new markets and partners.
Currently operating from ten sites, we use sport as the engagement tool to enhance the lives of people and communities throughout the country. Our award winning programmes improve both health and educational standards whilst supporting people into employment.
Why the Role Exists
The Commercial Director is tasked with delivering our three-year growth plan which will result in Sport Works becoming the market leader of training/education within the sport/leisure sectors. We’re looking for a ‘go-getter’ who can make things happen!
The post holder will oversee and enhance the commercial performance of the business working across six sites primarily by leading the development of new, innovative programmes. This will result in a 300% increase in revenue by 2021.
The Commercial Director will also be responsible for the recruitment, training and performance of a national team as part of an expanding UK presence. With budget responsibility, the Commercial Director is tasked with ensuring our work positively impacts over 8000 learners per year.
The Commercial Director will:
- Increase sales revenue by 300% by 1st April 2022
- Increase sales revenue across four virgin territories by at least £500,000 by 1st April 2021
- Oversee the initial set up and launch of contracts / projects within regional territories
- Successfully recruit and manage a national team with robust financial targets
- Drive marketing and public relations to successfully position Sport Works as the ‘go-to’ sport-based training provider in the UK
- Secure new private sector revenue via sponsorship and/or commercial partnerships
- Oversee the learner acquisition strategy resulting in over 8000 learners successfully engaging in projects each year by January 2020
- Manage and develop relationships with key national and regional clients and stakeholders, including Department for Education, Ministry of Justice, Sport England
- Assist with the refinement of the commercial strategy in line with company growth plans
- Develop relationships, ideally through pre-existing networks, to relevant stakeholders in order to establish new commercial clients.
- A natural born closer with the ambition to succeed
- Detailed knowledge of the education and/or skills/training sectors
- Confident in presenting/negotiating with stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge of Government policy, commissioning, and tenders would be an advantage
- Although we are not a charity, the work that we do has evolved over the past 10 years and there is true social impact. This would suit an individual looking to work for an organisation with a real sense of social responsibility.
We understand the importance of flexible working in the modern workplace. We already have a flexible working policy in place for all Sport Works employees. Although this is a full time role, we are open to a discussion with interested candidates about your flexible needs. This could include some homeworking, staggered start/finish times etc. Please feel free to discuss your particular needs with us during the interview process.
How to Apply
Please apply via the button below with your CV and a covering message about why this would be the ideal opportunity for you.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for Commercial Director - London - Open to flexible working
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly