SAP Development lead, ITS, Open to flexible wokring
Deloitte is transforming the way it delivers integration, analytics and reporting to enable the business to realise its strategic objects to globalise the firm and digitise the practice.
Help us develop our service offering to North West Europe, delivering a systems integration capability and catalogue of consumable APIs with an appropriate data governance model, and through the development and delivery of a strategic roadmap, facilitate the delivery of global solutions for Finance, CRM etc. We are looking for an experienced SAP development lead with good knowledge SAP Finance and HR data structures who wants to diversify, explore non-SAP technologies and develop their career as part of an internal multi-country function.
Solution design oversight, development delivery, quality assurance and guidance for consuming developers Working as part of a multi-discipline team to deliver a transformational regional integration, analytics and reporting programme to support global rollouts of both S/4HANA and Salesforce
- Define and oversee the development of an API catalogue and a versioning strategy
- Documentation of the API inventory and publishing for developers to self-serve
- Proactive API usage and performance monitoring
- Application of processes and technology to prevent leakage of data
- Act as an SME on data flows and structures through the firm’s application landscape
- Play an active role in definition of the roadmap for the services and technology used
- Requirements gathering, scoping, definition for input into technical specifications, test plans for the estimation of work
- Technically lead on/offshore delivery models to deliver quality scalable PI, ABAP, Fiori/UI5/Java, WD & portal development services
- Service Ownership for the integration services working with Platforms Lead, including management of ServiceNow queues
- Working with the other teams to ensure work is both estimated/scheduled and recorded accurately
- Taking part in daily SCRUM round-tables or project meetings to give updates on and/or manage delivery
- Ensuring controlled management of change and impact assessment of external changes
- People management, recruitment and selection although this will mostly be indirect
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Cardiff/Milton Keynes, with occasional travel to London offices and overseas
Permanent, full-time role and we are always open to discussing the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements that are flexible for our people and provide the best service to our clients.
Your professional experience
Essential Significant experience as a hands-on SAP application developer as foundation to then working in a SAP Solution Architect type role
- Strong PI, SQL, ABAP and WEB Dynpro development experience
- Detailed cross-module knowledge of SAP data structures and skills to reverse engineer application logic
- Capable of gathering and understanding significance of functional requirements with end users, identification of potential gaps and non-functional requirements with technical teams
- Experience to identify detailed technical options, review and quality assure those proposed by others
- Capable of creating high-quality technical documentation for fellow developers
- Capable of working with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Good client-facing skills with obvious technical credibility
- Experience of working with an Agile Project Management tool, such as JIRA or VSTS
- Technical knowledge or experience of developing using Data warehousing technologies (e.g. SQL server, Oracle, SAP HANA etc.) and good understanding of key Data Warehouse principles
- Functional knowledge of SAP Finance and HCM as a data source
- ITIL v3/4 Foundation
- Experience of working with colleagues and 3rd party suppliers at distance based nearshore or offshore
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Property & Corporate Services, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 163115