Deputy Director of Services (Adults) - Part Time (15 hrs pw) - South Islington, London
- Contract Type
Responsible to: Director of Services
Responsible for: Health & Wellbeing Officer, Over 55s Care Support Workers, Men’s Development Worker, Driver, sessional staff, volunteers
Salary: £40,000 pa pro rata
Terms: Part Time, 15 hours pw with evening and weekend work
Place of Work: St Luke’s Community Centre, 90 Central Street, London EC1V 8AJ
Closing Date: 9am 25th March 2019
Other terms and benefits include: Stakeholder Pension, Life Cover, 26 days holiday per year plus bank holidays pro rata, season ticket/bicycle loan.
Reporting to the Director of Services and working alongside the Deputy Director of Services (All Ages), this role will:
- Lead in the development and delivery of adult community services, projects and events carried out in St Luke’s Community Centre and the neighbourhood, managing staff and resources, ensuring the work is well managed, targeted, measured and addressing local need
- Support the Director of Services to develop a strategic overview of how the Trust can make the most distinctive and effective contribution through community services, activities and events etc and work collaboratively with the Deputy Director (All Ages) to lead the Services Team to contribute to service strategies, policies and priorities
- Assist in the identification of sources of funding and partnerships to sustain and initiate projects, services, events and new areas of work
- Take responsibility for the Adult Services team budgets, ensuring the work is effectively and cost-effectively managed, promoted, resourced and evaluated to achieve maximum impact and benefit.
- Working with other teams within St Luke’s and external partners as appropriate to sustain established services and projects, develop new initiatives, identify funding sources and bring in funding, line managing and professionally developing staff and volunteers
- Identifying needs and gaps in adult community provision and supporting a strategic organisational perspective to meeting them with a range of high quality and innovative services, activities and events
- Working with local community groups, voluntary organisations and statutory providers in the neighbourhood and where there are specific opportunities for the Trust to contribute and bring added value to the delivery of community initiatives
Please refer to the full job description attached for all key responsibilities.
Essential Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Working at a senior level in a community setting delivering a range of community services for at least 5 years
- Managing people including the ability to recruit, develop and motivate staff and volunteers
- Significant experience of developing and managing new and existing services, projects and events including fundraising.
Please refer to the full job description attached for all skills, experience and abilities.
In order to apply for this role, please click Apply and find the full job description (also attached to this advertisement) as well as the formal applications that should be submitted on application.
We look forward to hearing from you.