Audit Executive, Open to flexible working
Job Description Summary:
At Grant Thornton we're driven by a purpose of building a vibrant economy, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. We’ve created our own unique culture – one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment and that's built around shared enterprise.
The Yorkshire audit team has a wide range of experience across a number of sectors, gained in practice and industry, ensuring that we can constantly adapt to our clients’ requirements. Our Sheffield office plays a key role in the continued success of the firm across the Yorkshire market. From large corporates to owner managed businesses with exceptional growth potential, we are proud of the client partnerships we have established to date.
Today's global marketplace is constantly changing and evolving but dynamic businesses are agile, adapting to the environment. Auditing and financial reporting remains high on the agenda as the implications of not getting it right can be serious. Robust reporting with independent opinion gives confidence to businesses who are constantly driving for open and transparent growth.
About the role
In this varied and commercial role, you can expect the following:
- We will empower you to act as trusted business advisers to our clients
- Opportunities to attend and participate in client meetings
- You will be trusted to oversee all aspects of audit for a portfolio of clients
- Preparing and reviewing work papers and drafts of financial statements
- Overall responsibility for allocating work to other members of the audit team, working with Associates to ensure that they understand their responsibilities and that any areas for development are identified
- Responsibility for producing commercial management reports and input into sections of the report to management
Who we are looking for
- You will have experience of leading audits of varying sizes across a range of industries
- A genuine interest in our clients with an ability to confidently discuss business challenges and needs
- We have an open and collaborative culture and as such, you need the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels
- An interest in maintaining and developing your technical knowledge in order to facilitate and lead valuable discussions with our clients
Education and qualifications
- Professional qualification such as ACA, ICAS or ACCA
- Intermediate Excel skills are essential
- Exposure to Case Ware is desirable