Senior Site Tech Service and Delivery Lead, Open to flexible working
4 days left
- Contract Type
It is an exciting time to join GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) as we drive forward to become the world's leading Pharmaceutical Manufacturer. Are you excited by the prospect of delivering value through new tech solutions? Does a role that enables development of innovative digital solutions and optimise existing systems sound interesting to you? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Senior Site Tech Service and Delivery Lead to join our team in Worthing Manufacturing site, supporting our tech strategy & solutions for > 750 employees. As part of the site-based Tech team the key purpose of this role is to drive value for the business through Digital Data & Analytics solutions.
- Lead delivery / initiatives across Supply Chain and GMS Tech organisation
- Lead the introduction of shared service global solutions/systems, services and initiatives into assigned business areas
- Own the Tech tasks involved in the preparation and implementation of new infrastructure and other prerequisite phases
- Lead the site aspects of archiving and decommissioning activities for systems that have reached the end of their lifecycle
- Manage site Tech Risk, Change, & Compliance tasks during project deployment
- Work & manage interaction with Site Tech Manager, innovation teams and the Business Unit Sponsor to develop a deep understanding of the business cases for change.
- Maximise business value via identification of opportunities and delivery of solution to improve products, systems, interfaces, business processes and performance.
- Ensure that appropriate support resources, processes and procedures are in place - secure shared service and/or 3rd party resources if required - as part of deployments and post implementation of new products or change.
- Manage site product backlog requests and operational issues.
- Ensure that effective use is made of new Tech solutions, and that target benefits are achieved
- Lead troubleshooting of applications across multiple technology domains, products and business areas.
APPLICATION DEADLINE : TUESDAY 26TH MARCH 2019
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Degree in science, engineering, computing or similar discipline preferred
- Experience of application management, operations support including incident, problem and change management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the systems/software development Life Cycle and delivery methodologies.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Tech systems and how they support business processes
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan own work to meet objectives, and to work independently
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders at varying levels
- Ability to make appropriate technical decisions, initiating actions to resolve operational issues.
- Understanding of Agile / VFQ methodology
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with a good understanding of manufacturing principles and practices.
- Demonstrated application of working with Six Sigma/Lean Sigma continuous improvement methodology
- Knowledge and experience supporting GxP/GMP regulated applications.
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.