Counsel, Open to flexible working
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
Your role as a member of the Global Contracting Organisation (GCO) requires assessing the legal, technical, operational and other commercial risks associated with transactions, preparing the necessary transactional documentation, helping to develop processes, reporting contract delivery metrics, comfort with new and developing technologies, liaise with finance, the broader legal function and commercial operations, and other business units for approval of contractual terms and conditions
You will provide exposure to a broad range of legal, strategic and commercial issues affecting GSK's Pharmaceutical and Consumer businesses
You will advise on, draft and support negotiation of all contracts supporting business personnel within the pharmaceutical R&D and consume businesses, as well as supporting aligned contracting groups and procurement functions on all forms of contracts (with and without precedent documents), and related activities.
- You will participating in negotiations with third parties in connection with contracting, as needed.
- You will develop and deliver training on contracting processes and deliver advice applying sound business, risk management and legal practices principles
- You will contribute to the development of templates, fall-back provisions and guidance designed to empower the GSK businesses to carry out certain legal processes.
- You will work to develop user and trainer level expertise in contracting technology used by the organisation and/or other functional areas to finalise transactions in accordance with internal requirements.
- You will support knowledge sharing and business process improvement activities provide assistance to less experienced attorneys and paralegals within the GCO and contributing to their development, ,as well as work under the supervision of other attorneys as assigned.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you're the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB April 9th to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Qualified Solicitor / Barrister admitted to practice law in England and Wales with a current practicing certificate.
- Broad experience of complex and day-to-day commercial contracts,.
- Strong understanding of contract law necessitated by a global organisation and excellent drafting skills.
- Familiarity with key regulatory frameworks applicable to a global pharmaceutical / consumer healthcare company.
- Ability to engage proactively, facilitate negotiations and stakeholder/client relations, influence and interact effectively with Legal colleagues, commercial clients and senior management, and to demonstrating the GSK Values, Expectations and business partnering and guardian capabilities.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team and in a matrix environment, within the legal function, and with client and stakeholders managing numerous matters and competing priorities effectively.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to undertake domestic and international travel as required
- Broad commercial experience of supporting all aspects of day to day operational support advising on , drafting and negotiating all contracts relating to a multinational pharmaceutical, chemical manufacture or consumer healthcare business.
- Knowledge of applicable legal and regulatory requirements including focus on R&D and digital, privacy
- Demonstrable business sense being commercially minded where applying experience reviewing contracts, new legislation or regulatory requirements including burgeoning areas such as digitalisation for example, in order to help implement pragmatic strategies and ensure on-going compliance.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.