Director, EP&S (Established Products & Support) Regulatory Solutions, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
As the Director, EP&S (Established Products & Support) Regulatory Solutions you are focused on simplifying the user experience, through deep understanding of end users workflows and use of technology, statistical analysis of user support incidents and requests to eliminate incidents in the future, introduction of modern ways of providing support (click to chat), and systemic decommissioning and archiving of 40+ applications and components that are aligned with Regulatory Solutions.
You will also provide targeted DevOps for established products that are sunset (minimal new features and releases) and finding optimal model to deliver efficiently. In addition, this includes strategic roadmaps for all applications, including simplification targets in line with commitments to R&D. Targeted modernisation of applications and support processes. Encouraging a culture of innovation to simplify throughout the team.
- Oversees end to end support of over 40+ applications in production which support R&D business functions, across Regulatory, for the Established Products in the Regulatory Solutions area. Including the oversight and management of some enhancements to platforms from Component Currency and some new feature development.
- Identify opportunities for the modernisation of the support experience for the benefit of R&D scientists.
- Analyse production support incidents and requests through statistical analysis, find actions to eliminate incidents and requests and implement year over year improvements in productivity and speed.
- Manage opportunities for targeted DevOps for Established Products, with fixed budget constraint focusing on IT security, stability, and reliability to contribute to year over year savings for the Regulatory Solutions.
- Responsible for disaster recovery planning, testing, and continuity across all applications on premise and also ensuring oversight for those running in the cloud, for applications in the Regulatory solutions space. Including supporting the simplification and modernisation of disaster recovery that increases efficiency and decreases costs.
- Responsible for the standard support process and tools across all of R&D, including management of a contemporaneous configuration management system, release management and handover to production, and standard processes for application access, incident, request, and change management ensuring audit readiness. Looking for simplification of approaches and tools that also contribute to year on year savings for financials and resource effort.
- Participate in evaluations across R&D technology platform, including those related to data privacy or triggered from underlying infrastructure upgrades (windows 10, server upgrades or patches, new security technology, network changes, etc.) for the applications in Regulatory Solutions.
- Responsible for supporting the decommissioning of application for the Established Products in the Regulatory Solutions, including the archive of application data.
- And further contribution to the delivery of elements of the Established Products strategy.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you will receive a competitive salary and you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: 24th March 2019
- Demonstrated credibility with Tech and R&D leaders at an executive level
- Experience in delivering IT for fortune 100 for mission critical tech at a fortune 100 company, including experience with ITIL
- Experience with cloud platforms, both IaaS and PaaS and SaaS
- Experience with GxP and regulatory audits
- Strong facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to influence sr. leadership and decision making using data, market evidence
- Relentless for delivering business outcomes and value and simplification with a passion for science and advancing medicines to patients
- A thought leader with external/industry presence
- A strong knowledge and experience of multiple areas across Medical & Regulatory.
- Bachelors - Computer Science or Engineering
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the center of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.