SDT Decision Support, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
Now is an exciting time to join the R&D Tech organization and drive a step change in technology strategy and delivery. The SDT (Strategy, Design & Test) Decision Support role will provide support and assistance to the Director of SDT acting as a conduit to Business Operations and Portfolio as well as the 5 solution areas (Research, Clinical, Medical & Safety, Regulatory and Established Products.
You will provide facilitation across all competencies in SDT to drive operational excellence and enable efficient and effective planning, capability & capacity tracking, standardisation and information gathering. The role carries a need for practical hands-on technical capability to enable tools process and practice that will help create effective ways of working for use in Strategy, Design & Test and R&D Tech.
- Facilitation across all competencies in SDT to drive operational excellence, researching new ideas, explore tools and new ways of working to update and embed them through practical thought leadership.
- Development and maintenance of overall R&D Tech digital planning boards:
- Ensuring details are properly captured, tracked and processed aligning with the strategy and feeding back to portfolio to assist with prioritisation and value discussions e.g. TRB or BRP but not responsible for the data or decisions. Risk, dependency and impediment tracking to ensure details are captured, tracked and fed back to the R&D Tech Quality team.
- Support of:
- R&D Tech capacity and capability assessments.
- Portfolio and financial process integration into the strategy.
- Finance tracking for SDT, driving standards and utilising technical knowledge and capability to investigate tools to modernise the framework to support the SDT team.
- SDT engagement in BRP, strategy engagement events, workshops, meetings or small room sessions to enable transparency, understanding and collaboration across the groups and the SDT team.
- Acts as conduit to Business Operations and Portfolio to drive consistency providing data and reporting where required.
- Analytics and visualizations i.e. Leadership KPI
- Communications & Change Management:
- 'Marketing' the group, standardising the communication, workplace posts, SharePoint team sites and dashboards across the team. Ensuring that communications are to a high level, proofreading and editing when necessary.
- Understanding the requirements and skills within SDT to enable effective workload management within capacity levels. Ensuring that all mandatory training has been completed and finding opportunities to upskill based on gaps in the capabilities.
- Coordinate across the solution areas supported by SDT.
- Coordination of R&D Tech's external engagement specifically conference and industry engagement planning.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you will receive a competitive salary and you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: 24th March 2019
- Experience within a coordinator/facilitator role
- Capability in software development to customise planning boards.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Practical thought leadership and a logical mindset with the ability to adapt to any situation.
- Understanding of finance systems and tracking, utilising software and new tech in the most effective ways.
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the centre of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.