Director for R&D Tech Quality, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
Now is an exciting time to join the R&D Tech organisation and drive a step change in technology strategy and delivery.
Independent from the TSR and Corporate Quality teams, the Director for R&D Tech Quality will be the conduit and will be responsible for all testing and validation artifacts across R&D tech, ensuring high quality standards and audit readiness. They will coordinate with Tech Strategy and Risk, streamlining development methodologies, policies, and standards to allow for agile delivery and validation. Working in consort with the DevOps and Testing Directors in SDT the you will support the development of an evidence-based framework to implement, embed and mature a modern DevOps operating model in R&D Tech.
As the Director for R&D Tech Quality you will work with the solution areas to assess and upskill all staff establishing a core competence in evidence-based quality processes to support the evolution of the product teams. They will support a change in culture to modernise and automate, whilst ensuring compliance to regulatory needs and a balanced risk-based approach is maintained.
- To work in partnership with TSR and drive the strategic direction for Quality in R&D Tech.
- Agree and align with TSR on direction and establish a clear plan and accountabilities to implement, monitor and refine over time.
- Coordinate with DevOps and Testing Product Directors in SDT and the solution area heads to:
- Support and maintain the development of an evidence-based framework to implement, embed and mature a modern DevOps operating model in R&D Tech.
- Streamline development methodologies, policies and standards to allow for agile delivery, qualification and validation.
- Working with TSR to:
- Increase the overall maturity surrounding the identification, evaluation and prioritisation of risks and the understanding of "risk appetite".
- Support and educate the product teams in risk management to allow them to coordinate the economical application of resources to minimise, monitor and control the probability or impact of unfortunate events and to maximise the realisation of opportunities.
- Maintain expertise in industry approaches and tools to ensure that GSK and R&D Tech are always acting on the latest opportunities, regulatory guidance and industrial trends.
Capability & Maturity
- Establish a capability baseline and drive a training programme to ensure R&D Tech acquires and retains pertinent skills to support the delivery of appropriate testing and validation artefacts across R&D tech ensuring high quality standards and audit readiness.
- They will support a change in culture to modernise and automate whilst ensuring compliance to regulatory needs and a balanced risk-based approach is maintained.
- Support the SDT leads to establish a qualified set of tools to meet GxP and non-GxP requirements.
- Partner with the business operations team to engage strategic partners to provide (and maintain) high quality resources with appropriate capability to meet GSK quality framework needs.
- Ensuring team members complete training necessary for their roles.
- Driving appropriate communication and change management to communicate R&D Tech success and case studies as an exemplar to other functions, linking to extra value we can bring to R&D Tech and GSK as a result.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you will receive a competitive salary and you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: 24th March 2019
- Significant industry experience in Quality Risk and Compliance
- Solid grounding in project & programme management and agile delivery methodologies
- Understanding of DevOps based operating model
- To drive the tech transformation, set policy and process you need to have been exposed to the range of elements that support the creation and implementation of an evidence-based model in a regulated environment
- Experience across US, Europe, and Asia
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the center of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.