Director for R&D Tech DevOps, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
Now is an exciting time to join the R&D Tech organisation and drive a step change in technology strategy and delivery. The Director for R&D Tech DevOps will drive the strategic direction for DevOps enablement in R&D Tech. Working in consort with the Directors for Quality and Testing in SDT the you will establish an evidence-based framework to implement, embed and mature a DevOps operating model in R&D Tech.
As the Director for R&D Tech DevOps will drive up-skilling of current resources to establish a core competence of expert technical resources to support the evolution of the product teams. They will drive a change in culture to modernise and automate whilst ensuring compliance to regulatory needs and a balanced risk-based approach is maintained. You will also be tasked with leveraging the full potential of GSK's strategic tech providers aligned to solution DevOps areas and established products.
- Drive the strategic direction for DevOps enablement in R&D Tech.
- Agree and align on direction and establishing clear plan and accountabilities to implement, monitor and refine over time.
- Partnering with the Testing and Quality Directors in R&D Tech to establish an evidence-based framework to implement, embed and mature a DevOps operating model in R&D Tech.
- Review, update and maintain the current DevOps and agile frameworks to ensure process and practice are modernised to deliver an agile automated evidence-based model for use across R&D Tech.
- Represent R&D Tech ensuring that the ecosystem provided by the Platforms and Core Tech teams are fit for purpose supplementing with suitable tool sets where appropriate and represent R&D Tech interests in DevOps space across GSK Tech, liaising with other Tech functions to share best practice. Also maintaining expertise in industry approaches and tools to ensure that GSK and R&D Tech are always acting on latest opportunities.
- Establish a suite of qualified DevOps tools to meet GxP and non-GxP requirements.
Capability & Maturity
- Establish and maintain a capability baseline and drive a training programme to ensure R&D Tech acquires and retains pertinent skills to support the new product-based DevOps framework.
- Provision of expertise to the product teams to ensure they can embrace the new framework and overcome any hurdle they may encounter when operating to a CI/CD model.
- Drive up-skilling of current resources to establish a core competence of expert technical resources supporting the evolution of the product teams.
- Drive a change in culture to modernise and automate whilst ensuring compliance to regulatory needs and a balanced risk-based approach is maintained.
- In a collaborative capacity, the DevOps Director works together with the product directors and their engineering teams, frontend and backend, in all technical operations and works to reduce or eliminate any repetitive or manual tasks.
- As the leader of the DevOps team in SDT alongside the solution areas, established products and emerging tech teams the DevOps Director promotes, documents and implements system infrastructure best practices, building tools that allow the department to develop and deploy impeccable software solutions.
- Partner with the business operations team to engage strategic partners to provide:
- A flexible resourcing model to support the FTE DevOps capability within the solution area product teams and established products.
- Driving appropriate communications and change management.
- Communicating R&D Tech success and case studies DevOps as an exemplar to other functions linking to extra value we can bring R&D Tech and GSK as a result.
- Ensuring team members complete training necessary for their roles.
- The DevOps Director plays a mentorship role to key DevOps personnel, constantly promoting improvement in their professional skills.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you will receive a competitive salary and you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: 24th March 2019
- Led a DevOps transformation or managed a DevOps team in a medium to large company
- Experience in software engineering, at a leading cloud or technology SaaS company
- Experience with traditional business analysis techniques including analysing value streams with various methods (lean, Kanban, etc.) to identify opportunity areas and assist with priority setting
- Experience across US, Europe, and Asia
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the center of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.