Service Lead (Technical Bridge Lead), Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
To manage the provision of a comprehensive business support service to meet the needs of a Service Management business unit, providing effective leadership to team members and contributing to the strategic direction of the area.
At Lloyds Banking Group, our vision is to become the best bank for our customers. By putting customers first, keeping banking simple and making a difference together, we’ll help Britain prosper.
Being the UK’s leading provider for current accounts, savings, personal loans, credit cards and mortgages means that 40% of the nation’s domestic payments pass through our Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime (PFFC) systems.
Role Description and Responsibilities
Within the PFFC Service team, we have an Incident Management Bridge, which coordinates service recovery with service engineers and other experts across the Group. As we undertake our transformation journey the Bridge is changing to on-board its own software engineers and create an inbuilt technical recovery capability. With over 200 applications within the PFFC estate, hosted on a variety of operating systems, this means the Bridge will consist of dedicated team members with skills in Unix, Linux, Mainframe, Windows and HP non-stop. They will manage their own incidents and proactively monitor service. This role, as the Technical Bridge Lead, is an exciting new opportunity and we are after someone who can help implement the future operating strategy.
Whilst the Bridge operates 24/7, 52 weeks of the year, this senior role operates during the working day and you will be responsible for ensuring consistency across the Bridge Teams. As the Bridge leader you will be accountable for managing and developing the Bridge team, coaching and building a collaborative environment with one focus, service availability. When incidents occur, you will ensure engineers and incident managers respond quickly to restore service, you will collaborate across stakeholders to ensure the right people are focused on service recovery and you will ensure teams are protected to work unhindered and in a calm environment. You will also be accountable for ensuring incident reports are coherently written to ensure effective problem management and facilitate meaningful analysis. When the Bridge teams are not engaged in incidents you will direct proactive service improvement activities, implementing preventative measures to stop incidents occurring and ensuring our systems can operate efficiently; this might include exploring automation opportunities, refining monitoring and alerting capabilities and improving operating procedures. You will also have a good understanding of new innovations and industry best practices and be able to implement new ideas to benefit our service offering.
As a Line Manager, you will have excellent people management skills. Your responsibilities will include coaching and mentoring a sizable team, identifying colleague development opportunities and providing honest and fair feedback. You will be an exemplary role model, offering inspiration and being able to the get the best out of your teams.
Behaviours and Competencies required:
- Strong leadership ability.
- Passionate and Customer driven, with a strong desire ensure our customers are provided with the best possible experience.
- Communicates effectively and is able to build working relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, ranging from software engineers to senior business leaders.
- Comfortable with challenging stakeholders, and has the ability to explain technical and complex problems in layman's terms.
- Is used to operating in a highly pressurised environment and is able to calm situations whilst maintaining focus.
- Has an appetite to continuously improve.
- Is innovative and takes an interest in the industries best practices.
- Analytical and is able to analyse incident data and explore patterns to help mitigate risks.
- Organisationally savvy and is able to network effectively.
- Is able to solve complex problems, considers impacts and make decisions.
- Takes responsibility for creating a proactive risk management culture, identifying and escalating threats, embedding controls and where possible helping to implement remediating actions.
Knowledge and experience:
- Stakeholder Management - having the ability of influencing and seeking buy in from key stakeholders.
- Operational excellence & experiences in IT - Understands production environments and the complexities of the systems architecture, being able to advise on operational excellence.
- IT Service Support - Has a thorough understanding of the ITIL principles and processes, specifically Incident and problem management.
- Relevant knowledge or experience of the payments industry; understanding the regulators, the schemes, types of payments and industry SLAs.
- Line Management experience - the ability to help develop and motivate colleagues, providing fair feedback and opportunities for colleagues to excel.
- The ability to embrace change, identify lessons and embed improvements.