GB Supply Chain Finance Analyst, Open to flexible working
ISC incorporates all Supply chain activities within Scotland, Ireland, Baileys, Santa Vittoria, Singapore Hub, Europe Supply Chain and Zacapa. This is a c £2.5bn p.a. cost base business producing c.70m cases (equivalent units) of cased/kegged product and distilling c 200mla p.a.
Dimensions of the role – This role is part of the Supply Chain Finance team and is based in Elgin, reporting to the ISC Supply Chain Senior Finance Business Partner (Edinburgh based). The key business partners are the Europe and Global Travel Supply Chain Directors (multiple locations across Europe).
Annual cost base of >£250m across Supply Chain planning & logistics.
Europe Supply is made up of 4 clusters; GB, Continental Europe, Iberia and EPM.
The focus of the Supply Chain is to put the customer first and ensure that we are delivering a balanced service to the customer, while protecting capital investment (cash), and delivering the right service at the right cost.
This requires in depth understanding and management of all associated Supply Chain costs, cost to serve of customers as well as ability to generate insights from reporting with appropriate communications to the relevant people and departments.
Be Authentic – Build great relationships both with operational business partners and with finance.
Find Solutions – Develop and apply a great understanding of the end to end business to your work. Maintain an external radar and deploy ideas, approaches and solutions from other parts of Diageo and beyond.
Manage People for success – Quickly build value adding relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels in a matrix environment.
Consistently deliver great performance -
- Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance
- Identify clear priorities and focus on them at all times
- Demonstrate brilliant execution, be thorough and apply high standard in everything you do
- Understand the controls and governance required in your area. Work within these and always speak up if they are not met
- Working with ambiguity and change, developing ways of working
- Show commitment to outstanding team work to deliver the Supply Chain Finance team performance promise.
Grow Yourself –
Develop and apply self awareness, get to know your own strengths and development needs. Agree and deliver on a focused development plan in conjunction with line manager. Look for and respond to feedback.
Purpose of Role
This role provides Finance Business Partner support to the Europe and Global Travel Supply Chain Directors and their teams, owning and driving exemplary performance. Developing the financial plan for the Region, providing performance tracking to guide decisions & drive value, maintaining a rigorous financial & strategic support across all activities and ensuring that a robust control framework is embedded and active.
The role will be judged on the ability to deliver strongly the following top accountabilities and the judgement and flexibility to balance providing excellent business partnering with the need to support the Finance agenda.
Top 3-5 accountabilities
- Lead finance decision support projects for the Europe & Global Travel Supply areas and support the delivery of strategic initiatives through exemplary business partnering.
- Actively participate in leadership team meetings supporting the Supply Chain Directors. Lead BPM meetings and provide regular insights into the financial results and forecasts, maintaining tight control of financial performance relative to the annual plan.
- Use data to bring insight and identify cost saving opportunities and then drive them through to completion with the Supply Chain team. For projects, lead business case development and tracking of performance of projects vs business case.
- Oversee the annual financial planning process for Europe Supply overall, agreeing targets for the following financial year with Senior Stakeholders.
- Provide ad hoc support to the Commercial Finance Director and BPM manager for GB on Cost of Goods
Qualifications and experience required
- Qualified Accountant with at least 3 years PQE working in a finance analyst or similar role
- Commercial acumen and judgment; a good understanding of the business environment to leverage the ability to challenge, influence strategies and guide decisions to optimise value
- Self motivated and resilient, able to proactively identify issues and drive delivery of solutions
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, able to distil and communicate complex information.
- Customer focused and fully aware of value creation through effective collaboration
- Strong Excel skills, ability to model and manage high volumes of data
- Good understanding of the drinks/FMCG industry a benefit
- Good understanding of Supply Chain and Logistics a preference
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to form solid working relationships across the business using a variety of influencing styles based on situation.
- Inability to prioritise and manage key stakeholders and communicate at different levels concurrently.
- Inability to learn quickly, seeing both the big picture and the right level of detail
- Lack of resilience to drive change
- Inability to work through others
- Inability to work on own initiative
- Inability to manage large amounts of data
- Inability to clearly articulate a message to both finance and non-finance stakeholders, conveying information in a clear and concise manner
- Inability to challenge and manage within a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Inability to work with people and teams in remote locations.