Finance and Operations Assistant – Part Time 16 hours per week, Old Street
Apps for Good is an award-winning and fast-growing charity that is powering young people to change their world with technology. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve reached over 100,000 students in 1500 schools globally, helping young people learn to turn bright ideas into real technology products.
With offices based near Old Street, we are a charity with a start-up mind-set. We are hard-working, open-minded and adaptable with a ‘can do’ approach. You will be joining a close-knit, friendly and energetic company who all believe strongly in our mission and values.
If you believe in the power of technology and education, then you will be the perfect fit within our team.
We’re looking to welcome a new Finance and Operations Assistant to join our team and report to our Head of Finance and Ops. You’ll be at the heart of our dynamic office, ensuring our office runs smoothly and the team have the support they need as well as processing the typical finance deliverables.
The role is part time 16 hours per week ideally across 4 days (Monday – Thursday 10am-2pm)
- Process monthly payroll
- Manage bank reconciliation in Xero posting entries through to the ledger
- Process purchase invoices, expenses and support weekly payment run and follow up with debtors
- Assist with online banking, including making online & debit card payments
- Support annual financial audit
General Office Management & Administration
- Liaise with office suppliers and our co-working space maintenance & support team to ensure office services and equipment are working effectively
- Make staff travel and accommodation arrangements
- Assist with internal and external event and meeting logistics and supplies as requested Maintain office supplies
- Manage the general emails received by Apps for Good
- Manage incoming and outgoing post
- Welcome office visitors
- Respond to incoming calls, ensuring they are handled effectively
- Undertake other office and team admin duties as requested
- Administer/update employment, volunteer and consultancy contracts
- Undertake DBS applications and ensure smooth onboarding for new starters
- Maintain records of staff absence including holidays, sickness and other leave
- Assist with recruitment and induction of new starters
- Help organise staff training and maintain training records
- Ensure quarterly and annual staff review processes are up to date
- Coordinate IT support contract and be main point of contact for all IT issues
- Manage mobile phone contracts
- Ensure asset register is correct and up to date
We would like you to have/be:
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Good written communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills and team player who loves working with a dynamic team
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google docs and Google drive
- Excited about the opportunity we have to inspire and change young people’s lives
- Experience of purchase ledger/sales ledger and payroll
- Experience of Xero accounting software
This role is based in our offices in Shoreditch London. We offer flexible working, health care insurance and generous holiday allowance, plus you get your birthday off.
If you are excited about supporting young people to change their world through technology, email us your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a good fit for our team via the application method below.
Interview Dates: w/c 15th April though we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so you may be contacted earlier for a telephone interview
Start date: Ideally early May (depending on notice period of successful candidate
Apply for Finance and Operations Assistant – Part Time 16 hours per week, Old Street
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly