Part time Relationship & Fundraising Manager, London
ALD Life is an independent charity for people with a rare but life-threatening condition which attacks the brain and nervous system – adrenoleukodystrophy.
There are a number of different leukodystrophies, and we are expanding our remit in 2019 to cover all these conditions and continue providing support, advice and information for families facing the challenges and issues leukodystrophy brings.
We will also be changing our name and logo and concentrating our efforts on bringing in new income streams to help fund our valuable work.
The Relationships and Fundraising Manager post is a role for someone with two years’ experience, or more, of communications and fundraising.
Working with our great team, our clients and our contacts in similar charities and the medical professions, you will help shape and deliver our communications and fundraising plans and all aspects of our day to day marketing.
This is a significant role within the leadership team and there is scope for line management of volunteers after successful completion of funding milestones and rebrand launch.
Please send your CV to: Sara@aldlife.org
- To deliver the activities already identified in our communications plan – with an initial focus on co-ordinating the launch of our new remit and brand in May 2019.
- To work closely with members of the team to develop copy and choose images for communications materials, the website, e-flyers and social media, targeted at our key audiences and making sure they are produced to a high standard.
- To ensure that all external communications are ‘on message’, using our key messages.
- To act as the first contact point and project manager for external designers, photographers, printers and other communications-focused suppliers.
- To deliver our press office service; developing media contact lists, responding to media enquiries and drafting and distributing media releases, briefings and statements, co-ordinating articles and building contacts and relationships with the media.
- To take charge of our website and social media presence – providing regular updates to our site and existing social media pages and identifying new sites and setting them up.
- To work with the team, current and past clients, professionals and partner organisations to build and maintain a bank of case studies and personal stories and gather material for blog posts.
- To develop and manage awareness campaigns and events.
- To co-ordinate communications planning and monitor/evaluate success of communications activities.
- Translation of charitable outcome reporting into tangible communications to increase awareness and fundraising potential.
- Develop and manage our fundraising strategy and plan.
- Develop, manage and review all fundraising activities and donor gratitude strategy.
- Develop and manage fundraising campaigns and events.
- Update, manage and review our database to ensure best functionality for the needs of our stakeholders.
- Develop materials and approaches for our different audiences to maximize income and support.
- Responsible for the growth of both corporate and community relationships to increase fundraising investment.
This post reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- To manage and oversee the work of admin staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- To assist any member of the ALD life team outside the scope of your post – when reasonable and necessary.
- To uphold the values and ethos of the charity.
- To work as a member of our team.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- First class written and verbal communications ability
- Comfortable and confident with social media
- Experience of working in communications either in a corporate or not-for-profit environment
- Experience/understanding of fundraising
- Confident in delivering all aspects of media relations – including selling in stories to journalists
- Skilled and confident relationship builder who enjoys building, maintaining and sustaining contacts
- Ability to work closely with social media/web design/online marketing specialists
- Extremely well organised and self-motivated
- Proven understanding and experience of the project management involved in producing communications and fundraising materials – from initial planning to meeting delivery deadlines
- Media and PR expertise preferable
Applications to Sara@aldlife.org
Apply for Part time Relationship & Fundraising Manager, London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly