Learning Business Partner - Open to flexible working
The Learning Business Partner will ensure the delivery of a robust L&D strategy for a business unit/function. The role must be focused on ensuring that the learning & development interventions and services will effectively equip employees with the specific capabilities that will enable them to add value and drive competitive advantage for the organisation. The scope of the role covers the four key areas of capability development at GSK; leadership, business skills, technical and compliance. This person will also translate business needs into organisation and individual performance.
- Translate business needs into opportunities that drive organisation and individual performance. Requires strong relationship development and the ability to influence and properly diagnose true customer needs (not just requests) and deliver measurable solutions of value to the business
- Partner with the business, and specifically senior level leadership teams and aligned HRBL's, to develop and deliver an L&D strategy aligned to the specific business strategy, capability requirements and organisational priorities. This will also need to be linked to the broader TL&OD agenda and key deliverables
- Ensure the effective delivery of the agreed business unit/function L&D strategy through strong partnership with the broader TL&OD function. Critical to success will be effective articulation of the business demand plan and associated capacity requirements
- Lead on critical and/or large-scale learning and development projects, with the ability to work across key elements of the end to end learning process and specifically the early diagnosis and high level design components
- Manage all levels of business unit/function stakeholders effectively; demonstrating strong business partnering skills and highly accountable for the delivery of fit for purpose solutions. Use a high degree of business and commercial knowledge in order to challenge, influence and make informed recommendations on an ongoing basis
- Identify opportunities for agreed programmes of work within Business Unit/function to have broader application across the enterprise and ensure these are developed and deployed accordingly
- Lead the application of the governance framework within business unit/function including adherence to quality standards and operating to agreed governance processes and ways of working i.e. 'gatekeeping' the volume of requests to develop new content, encouraging re-use of existing content or processes , use of agreed vendor management processes
- Co-ordinate the effective development, deployment and embedding of required capability models and frameworks across the business area/function and ensure these are ultimately aligned to the new GSK Capability Framework
- Ensure the business unit/function is effectively engaged in and utilizing 'global offerings' where appropriate i.e. global leadership and business skills curricula
- Monitor and evaluate business impact of leadership, business skills, technical and compliance capability development programmes and activities, taking action as necessary
- Build the capability of the broader business unit/function L&D network (e.g. subject matter experts, technical trainers, HR business partners) so they can effectively support the delivery of learning within the business unit/function
- Leads or participates in other project work as required to support changing business requirements and resourcing requirements.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you're the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 29th April to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
- Strong knowledge and experience of the end to end learning process within a global organization i.e. learning needs assessment, program design & delivery and learning evaluation & assessment
- Proven ability to interpret as well as challenge customer needs and translate these into a coherent programme of work that will drive business performance
- Strong negotiation and influence skills with stakeholders at all levels and across multiple geographies and cultures
- Strong track record of project management skills and expertise across large scale, complex projects
- Experience of championing large scale change programmes across a large, geographically dispersed organisation
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated capability in enterprise thinking and the ability to develop solutions that deliver benefit at a global as well as local level
- Financial acumen with the ability to clearly assess the cost implications and business impact of proposed learning solutions
- The ability to work successfully in a very fast paced environment with the need to manage constant change. The ability to deal with ambiguity - ready to change gears and plans quickly
- Exposure to working in a highly complex organisation within a matrixed structure and with multiple lines of authority, leveraging influence within a complex network of stakeholders.
- Experience carrying out an analysis of critical organisational issues where under performance is believed to be a contributing factor
- Identifies the (quantified) performance gaps, the root causes of the gap, the functionalities in question and a list of critical tasks required to address the gaps (the opportunity for improvement)
- Using strong analytical, consultative, and diagnostic skills make sound, data-driven business decisions
- Development and execution of change management strategies & communications
- Understanding learning technologies
- Consulting and customer focused mind-set.
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.