Course/Event Coordinator, part time, 25 hours per week, Reading/Homeworking
Course/Event Coordinator – In House Courses
Red Whale is looking for a new member of the In-House courses team to join our pod. We are a fun bunch who love nothing more than to improve the lives of primary care practitioners and their patients – one course at a time.
We love GPs and their teams, they work tirelessly to help their patients, and we aim to give them the best possible experience at every touchpoint.
Don’t be fooled by the slightly cryptic job title (if you get the job you can chose your own title), if you are an organized and detailed professional who can stand on their own two feet, if you are customer centric, dynamic with a sense of humour to boot, then read on.
We are looking for an experienced project/event coordinator to provide the administrative and logistic support necessary to make each and every one of our In-House Courses happen.
We offer part time hours (25 per week over 4 or 5 days) and very flexible working arrangements, a salary up to £28,000 FTE (£18,667 for the hours advertised). We are based on the University Campus Reading (with onsite coffee shop!) but you will not be required in the office every day.
What will you be doing
Your day to day task list is a bit too long to be included here but you can request it, together with a detailed (and more serious) Job description when you apply. In a nutshell you will be responsible and accountable for delivering all our In-House courses, running a sleek machine that handles all the logistical and organizational aspects from the moment the customer says “yes” to the moment the course is delivered to them.
You will be, ensuring that Presenters, delegates and course materials arrive in the right place, at the right time and in the correct quantity (it might sound easy, but it isn’t always so).
This is a challenging and pivotal role that requires carefully bringing together the competing needs of several stakeholders: customers with their requirements and demands, presenters with their time restrictions, venues at times as well as team and internal stakeholders.
What you should be like
As some of the work will be done remotely, we need you to be a self-starter, able to work independently, take the initiative and manage your own priorities. If you can do that and maintain effective lines of communication with the rest of the In-House courses team and your stakeholders, you will be trusted to “get on with it”.
The qualities that this role requires in abundance are:
- Attention to detail – Each course has its own set of requirements that need to be fulfilled. Capturing the correct information and ensuring accurate records on the CRM system is paramount
- Organisational skills – Having robust systems in place at every step of the process to ensure presenters, delegates and course materials arrive in the right place at the right time.
- Ability to communicate with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders – Sometimes with firmness but always in a polite and friendly manner. The ability to build a rapport is very desirable.
- Ability to see the bigger picture - Pulling together multiple threads of conversations/communications/ past events to build a picture of each customer, their requirements, and any issues that we might need to be aware of.
- A strong desire to provide the best customer service and going the extra mile for customers – We want our customers to feel we have exceeded their expectations, course after course after course.
- Transparency – Being upfront and not afraid to admit when you need help or make a mistake. Being honest with what is possible to deliver rather than overpromising and letting our customers down.
- Flexibility – Red Whale is an exceptionally flexible and trusting employer. Our employees are like family members (the nice ones you want to hang out with at Christmas) and we prefer individuals who appreciate these qualities and give the same back in return.
- Baking skills – only joking! We have several bakers in the team so if you can’t bake yourself, we hope you will at least like to eat cake!
Still want to join us?
If we haven’t put you off, here’s what to do next:
Apply by sending your CV and a detailed covering letter now. We’d love to hear from you
Apply for Course/Event Coordinator, part time, 25 hours per week, Reading/Homeworking
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly