286 Euston Road
Tel: 020 7121 2000
In our cities, towns and countryside, Atkins’ work positively influences the development of roads, railways, airports, flood defences, schools, hospitals, or even the planning of entire cities. It doesn’t end here. Our expertise not only stretches around the world but also across so many sectors, disciplines and people and this is what makes Atkins unique.
We offer careers for talented individuals who want to make a difference. Whether you aspire to work in your local area or want the opportunity to develop your skills on a multinational scale, your contribution will be recognised and you will be given every encouragement to develop as your career progresses. We provide outstanding support and training, helping you to grow and succeed both personally and professionally.
If one of our roles has been advertised under the category of flexible working* we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process. These can include:
- Part-time working – where you work fewer than the standard number of full-time hours
- Job sharing – where two employees share the duties of a full-time position
- Mobile working/teleworking – this permits employees to work all or part of their week at a location remote from their normal workplace, for example at another Atkins office or site office
- Phased retirement – for employees who wish to change their pattern of working hours and perhaps adjust their responsibilities as a transition towards retirement
- Home working – helpful when you need to concentrate on a particular piece of work or when you need to balance domestic and work commitments
- Flexible Holiday Scheme – each year you can have the option of buying up to 15 days additional leave or selling up to 5 days of leave, so you can take between 4 and 8 weeks of holiday each year
- Sabbatical/career break – an approved, extended period of unpaid leave which gives you the opportunity to study, carry out voluntary work or travel
- Term-time working – an arrangement where you do not work during the school holidays.
For a flexible working arrangement to be successful there must be flexibility on all sides. Our approach must take account of the needs of the individual, the manager, the team and Atkins. Atkins will consider any reasonable request to work flexibly but reserves the right to approve or refuse requests on the basis of commercial need.
Opportunities exist across the Group, whether you are an engineer, architect, planner, surveyor or consultant, or want to be part of our vital network of support teams. We offer unparalleled opportunities across the globe for a wide variety of talented individuals. Want to know where you can fit in? Explore our website to understand how your skills can make an impact.
As a company we are as committed to diversity as we are to excellence.
Atkins is also an employer supporting the Hire Me My Way campaign – a national initiative funded by the Big Lottery Fund – to stimulate the growth of the UK’s flexible jobs market, and encourage flexible hiring. As a supporting employer, Atkins has committed to being open to discussions around flexible working options during the recruitment process. For more information, read about our involvement here
This recruiter is not currently advertising. Why not try our job search?