London Borough of Islington
222 Upper Street
Tel: 020 7527 2000
About London Borough of Islington
We listen to our customers and our staff. As a result both customer satisfaction surveys and our employee surveys tell us people are happy working for the council. We try to make sure that the recognition, benefits and development opportunities support the needs of our staff and our values
When you join you'll notice a few things about us:
- The relationships across services are great. We all work closely together on projects and service delivery.
- We work as customer champions. Focused on meeting customer needs even in our internal teams. Customer focus is more than a core value, it's our main way of working.
- We participate in things! Over 70% of staff complete the staff survey.We have the highest "give as you earn" participation in London. Bring your children to work days are oversubscribed. And many of our 'fit for work' benefits are staff led.
- 90% of staff have appraisals. These are online and available all year round, not papers in a drawer somewhere – performance means something to us all.
- There is a volunteering culture. From helping with children reading, teaching English, special constables and community projects, you'll find no shortage of helpers here.
- We are active and engaged. You'll find a high level of self reliance expected staff. The information and processes are all online for you to manage yourself – from room bookings to e-learning, and bank details to sickness records.
- Holidays and flexible working arrangements are excellent.
- There's also a great pension scheme
The diversity of Islington makes it a great place to work. This section provides details of careers at the council as well as general support and advice to help you in your job search. Islington Council is proud to be a London Living Wage employer. Over 90% of our suppliers also pay the London Living Wage.
Islington Council is also an employer supporting the Hire Me My Way campaign – a national initiative funded by the Big Lottery Fund – to stimulate the growth of the UK’s flexible jobs market, and encourage flexible hiring. As a supporting employer, Islington Council has committed to being open to discussions around flexible working options during the recruitment process. For more information, read about our involvement here
3 jobs with London Borough of Islington
This role is an exciting opportunity to join the councils iWork employment service. iWork is the council department responsible for.....
Our Business Support and Administration Pathway consists of an 18 month opportunity to build on your organisational, IT and communication skills..
Do you enjoy working with families and want to make a difference? Do you want to join a service that is increasing the level and effectiveness of....