Senior Consultant - People Analytics - People Advisory Services (UK&I) - Open to Flexible Working
The world continues to change as a result of developments in globalisation, demographics, technology and regulation. This disruption requires organisations to change rapidly – and they need their people to be agile and adaptable to that change.
At the same time, it’s getting harder to source, manage, motivate and retain talent while controlling costs. In People Advisory Services, we help our clients harness their people agenda – the right people, with the right capabilities, in the right place, for the right cost, doing the right things.
Looking at people as part of an integrated business strategy, organisations are able to gain a people advantage. We work globally and collaborate to address complex issues relating to organisation transformation, end-to-end employee lifecycles, effective talent deployment and mobility, gaining value from evolving and virtual workforces, and the changing role of HR.
The diversity of our talent, global connectivity and collaborative philosophy means we’re inspired to ask better questions to help organisations design better outcomes, deliver long-lasting results and achieve an advantage.
Continued growth in client demand for our support, combined with our view to triple the size of our Workforce Advisory business means that we are offering career-accelerating opportunities for talent analytics professionals to join our team.
We continue to experience tremendous appetite from organisations keen to leverage their HR data assets. However, many of these organisations are not yet equipped to be able to deliver insights needed to tackle their most prominent workforce issues. In short, the requirement for enhanced workforce reporting and capabilities has never been as pressing.
Our team works directly with clients or alongside client data teams to deliver solutions in the areas of strategic workforce planning; talent acquisition & workforce migration; workforce performance; diversity & inclusion; learning & development; and retention.
This is an opportunity for you to work with a broad set of clients including major private corporate organisations through to government departments and other public sector bodies. Your work will have a high degree of complexity and at times, uncertainty, since you will be working with multiple stakeholders, some of whom will have limited analytics exposure and understanding.
Due to the nature of our projects you will have the opportunity to showcase your strong client management and communication skills, in addition to your rigorous analytical techniques and excellent data handling abilities.
Working alongside and collaborating with experienced workforce planning and talent analytics consultants you will bring your experience of working with large client datasets to help build analytical models; leverage data transformation and visualisation packages; as well as testing your experience of programming and statistical tools (such as R and Python) to derive insight through data modelling and simulations.
All of the above will allow you to construct a narrative that provides real impact using data to drive action.
Your key responsibilities
- Supporting people analytics enabled business transformation projects – from generating insight to the identification of changes to people programmes and workforce structures
- Involvement with programmes to evaluate people capability; build business cases for change; establish HR Analytics functions or centres of excellence; implement new people programmes and workforce structures; workforce demand and skills assessments; data selection and cleansing
- Design and build complex database models and insightful visualisation dashboards to perform analysis on large diverse datasets
- Contributing to the development of people strategy, people value propositions and business case for improvements/change for the clients.
- Understanding and experience of how key systems or tools are used in this space for data extraction and visualisation (for example applications including; SuccessFactors, Workday, Tableau, SAS, SPSS/ Cognos)
- Involvement with designing machine learning solutions, undertaking proof-of-concepts, and implementing these solutions to help clients to be effective in this dynamic environment
Skills and attributes for success
- Highly numerate with a strong technical knowledge and experience of applying analytical and modelling techniques to provide insights to business issues
- Ability to work with clients and model users, identify their particular use case requirements, design appropriate solutions to load data, perform complex calculations, derive corollaries and deliver interface tools to provide repeatable visual output
- Strong oral and written communication skills
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Previous experience working in a data analytics, data modelling or data scientist capacity either in a professional services environment or corporate inhouse analytics function
- Experience working with large datasets (creating databases, architecting efficient structures and writing optimised stored procedures & queries)
- Experience in applying analytical techniques to calculate problems such as predictive forecasting, prescriptive action, capacity planning
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of working in a professional services environment, including exposure to high profile strategic workforce planning and talent analytics projects
- A relevant primary degree and any post graduate degrees and professional qualifications are desirable but not critical e.g. Computer Science, Organisational Psychology, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Actuarial Science
- Experience in building models in R, and Python programming languages and libraries.
- Visually creative, with a good understanding of UX aesthetics
- Experience of working with visualisation tools including Tableau, Tibco Spotfire, Power BI and QlikViewExperience in SQL Server, MS Excel and VB