Consultant (home working)
Homeworking during the COVID-19 pandemic is permitted.
Hours of Work:
Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between hours of 08:00 - 18:00.
As soon as possible. Please indicate your earliest possible start date on the application form.
About the Company:
Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. We are a mission-oriented business and our goal is to be influential in bringing about positive change: we embrace this in all that we do.
Eunomia works primarily in the fields of waste management, resource efficiency, low carbon energy, marine planning and climate change mitigation. We employ around 100 staff and have offices in Bristol, London, Manchester, Brussels, Athens, New York and Auckland.
You will be involved in a range of tasks including complex excel based modelling, desktop research, technical report writing, contributing to bids, and preparing presentations for clients. You will frequently work on multiple projects at once, covering topics such as extended producer responsibility (EPR), waste policy design and appraisal, and marine plastic pollution (including microplastics) with an overall focus on accelerating the move towards a circular economy.
You will be flexible, comfortable under pressure, have a strong work ethic, and an ability to learn technical work in a range of areas rapidly. You will be a self-starter, highly organised, and share our commitment to a high quality of work. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected.
- Strong technical understanding of one or more of the following: EU and UK waste policy, extended producer responsibility, deposit return schemes, marine plastic pollution, sustainable transport, air quality, natural capital / environment;
- 2+ years demonstrable experience of project delivery to time, budget and client satisfaction in relevant topic areas;
- Critical thinker and problem solver, able to demonstrate independent thinking;
- Excellent research & data analysis skills, including manipulation of large datasets;
- Demonstrable experience of strong verbal and written communication skills including technical report writing and client presentation;
- Demonstrable experience of applying creative, practical, common sense thinking to solve real-world problems.
- Experience working within the Consultancy business model;
- A current network of potential clients, partners and sub-contractors in this technical area;
- Experience of having contributed to, or led successful business development activity.
??28,000 to ??31,000 depending on skills and experience.
- Private healthcare;
- Employee assistance programme;
- Group pension;
- Death in service scheme; and
- Income protection scheme (after completion of probationary period)
24 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 30 days per year.
In order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically to and must include the following:
- A formal covering letter should be submitted (maximum 2 pages of A4) addressed to Gavin Bailey summarising your reasons for applying for the post, your suitability for the post and why you would like to work for Eunomia.
- A completed application form which should be downloaded from .
- The deadline for applications is 9am 18 th September 2020.
- If your application is successfully shortlisted, you will be invited to complete an online Numerical Reasoning test ahead of first interviews.
- First interviews will be held using video conferencing and are anticipated to be in w/c 28 th September 2020. First interviews will consist of a question & answer interview and you will also be asked to prepare a short presentation, the topic will be given upon invitation to interview.
- Second interviews, if required, are anticipated to be in w/c 5 th October 2020.
Hardcopy applications and CV-only applications will not be considered. If you do have any queries please submit these by email or phone to: |
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward.
Eunomia Research & Consulting is committed to Equal Opportunities and is a Living Wage employer. Company no.