Corporate and Investment Banking Senior Consultant, Open to flexible working
4 days left
- Contract Type
In today’s rapidly advancing world, what clients, EY people, and all stakeholders want and need from EY is changing – innovation and agility is more important than ever. In order to deliver long-term value for our clients at EY, we are looking for minds made for financial services who can meet these demands. 2020 has been a year like no other and we remain committed to building a better working world through supporting our clients during these unprecedented times.
This will mean using your technical knowledge as well as your ability to work in a team to deliver for your client. Our high performing team works with some of the most prestigious financial firms in the world, and as a Senior Consultant you will be an integral part of this.
At EY, we bring a breadth of core skills and experience to provide advice and help our global clients assess their options, improve operations and manage their risks as an enterprise wide discipline. We work closely with regulators to help us provide the top UK and EU financial institutions support on:
- Strategic implications of regulation and supporting with strategic change initiatives
- Effective implementation of regulatory directives
- Remediation of regulatory issues
- Effective implementation of risk management processes
- Embedding a risk based performance assessment
The Corporate and Investment Banking team works closely with a number of high profile Capital Markets and Investment Banking clients in this sector.
The team has undertaken a variety of engagements including implementation of processes around the identification of conduct risk, reviews of governance arrangements at Board and a senior management level, Control Framework development and implementation, Senior Manager & Certification Regime and LIBOR Transition programmes .
The team focuses on Banking Conduct and Controls across a number of regulatory areas. This creates a dynamic team environment providing our colleagues with a wealth of opportunities for personal growth and development. There are opportunities to work with traditional Investment Banks, large Commercial Banks specialising in wholesale capital markets finance and new to market disruptors and start-ups.
As a Senior Consultant in the Corporate and Investment Banking team, depending on experience and the type of engagement, you will be responsible for:
- Produce, with limited supervision, complete and accurate work as part of high performing client engagement teams.
- Build credible relationships with clients both by demonstrating industry knowledge, technical skills and an ability to create and deliver analysis to support commercial decision making.
- Provide a variety of support on client campaigns to support our business development, from researching new regulations and their potential impact to assisting effective business implementation.
- Develop senior stakeholder and executive level presentations that are clear and insightful, translating EY services into meaningful value propositions for clients that drive business change.
- Understanding and interpreting regulations, including describing the impact of regulations on the business and discussing the impact of regulatory change with our clients.
- Regulatory remediation and quality compliance testing.
- Contract reviews and analysing if requirements are adequately defined and documented.
You will also be a highly motivated and proactive individual, confident in working as part of a high performing team and demonstrate positive behaviours with regards to collaboration and maintaining an inclusive and supportive working environment.
Skills and Experience
- Regulatory experience at the FSA/ FCA, a FTSE 100 Financial Services organisation, one of the other Top 4 consultancies, or another Advisory firm
- Experience working with front office staff in an Investment Bank or Commercial Bank, such as traders / market facing roles or working in a second line function with direct interaction with the front office.
- Knowledge of CASS, governance, conduct risk, regulatory developments such as LiBOR Transition, MiFID 2 and Brexit Programmes would be beneficial.
- Experience with large scale, transformational change programmes in Investment or Commercial Banking.
- Strong academic background which could include the following: 2:1 degree, CII Exams ( FPC / AFPC), CISI Level 4, Prince 2, CeMAP, CeFA and / or Other Financial Services qualifications.
- Good all round financial services knowledge, including an understanding of the regulatory environment and the wider banking sector, including current industry trends and events.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to our business. In addition, we offer;
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY offers an extended range of training courses from technical to ‘soft skills’ building out our client and market experience and making us stronger and better individually and as a firm as part of EY you will be encouraged to grow and develop throughout your career with us.
Our multi-disciplined teams work on a wider variety of clients and engagements cross-border to provide our clients with a consistent level of service and quality. As a result you may be required to travel, sometimes at short notice and sometimes for lengthy periods of time.
There are opportunities for flexible working.