Senior Manager -Sustainability Finance, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
When the financial services industry works well, it creates growth, prosperity and peace of mind for hundreds of millions of people. No other industry touches so many lives or shapes so many futures. At EY Financial Services, we share a single focus — to build a better financial services industry, not just for now, but for the future.
Sustainability is at the heart of our brand. It is at the heart of our strategy, what we value and measure and what we do every day with our clients and within our own business. We are proud to be advocates of change to make businesses across the world more sustainable because we believe in long-term value. Delivering sustainable long-term value in Financial Services means new strategies, a new approach to managing risk, new products and services and new ways of engaging stakeholders. Our clients need us more than ever to help them negotiate these changing times, and we are looking to continue growing our team to meet these needs.
EY Sustainable Finance is hiring! We are at the forefront of current trends in Sustainable Finance and want candidates who are dedicated and capable of helping us to develop and grow our dynamic sustainable finance team. We are working across banking, insurance and investment to support clients with developing their strategies, designing and building innovative solutions to move forward on sustainable finance, meeting regulatory requirements and positioning for success in this rapidly evolving market.
We are seeking high performing Senior Managers to join our Sustainable Finance Team. This role can be based in London, Edinburgh or Bristol.
There are a wide range of exciting projects that you will be able to get involved in, across banking, insurance, pensions and wealth and asset management. Topics we cover include:
- Sustainable Finance strategy
- Principles of Responsible Banking, Responsible Investment and Sustainable Insurance
- Climate change metrics and targets
- Investment advisory, including climate alignment
- Sustainable Finance regulatory developments and associated lobbying
- Responsible, sustainable and impact investment
- ESG research and ESG integration
- Climate change risk modelling and scenario analysis
- Reporting and disclosure – including TCFD
- Measuring and reporting on Long Term Value
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Stewardship and engagement (active ownership)
Your key responsibilities
As a Sustainable Finance Senior Manager, you will build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and develop a portfolio of business by focusing on high impact opportunities. You will lead presentations and proposals for medium complex projects or elements of highly complex projects, and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals.
Drawing on your skills and experience, you will create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership. You will package overall project findings into clear, concise, high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource on one or more services, leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services to client problems.
Driving improvements in business processes, you will serve as a role model for Quality & Risk Management and make sure that project teams understand and comply with our Q&RM guidelines.
As a respected senior professional you will communicate effectively with EY engagement partners and managers and work to build, manage and motivate high-performing teams, and help key staff to build sustainable competencies.
- Manage financial aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues, fees, and estimates to complete to partners and clients
- Assist partners and directors with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients
- Build strong internal relationships within Consulting and across other services
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting, retaining and training Sustainable Finance professionals
- Develop personal profile and awareness of EY offerings in the marketplace
- Build strong and long term relationships with key client sponsors
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A track record of working with a blue chip sustainability firm, consulting firm or audit firm in a sustainable finance role
- A developing industry profile through client and industry activities
- Experience in business development, including new proposition development
- A strong academic record including a degree and relevant professional qualification
Skills and Attributes for success:
- Able to manage and work effectively in teams
- Professional attitude/demeanour, honesty
- "Self starter" with proactive approach
- Strong project and people management skills
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff
What we are looking for
We want Sustainable Finance professionals who are not just great technicians but brilliant consultants. Professionals who can build networks, spot industry trends and solve industry problems. If you are interested in being part of a growing team, serving clients and reaching your full potential, we want to hear from you!
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!