Senior HR Business Partner GB Commercial, Open to flexible working
At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people. They drive one another. The HR Function sits at the heart of this.
As Business Partners, our role is to ensure we have the right conditions in place to develop and release the potential of our talent; our leaders and their teams. We are there to challenge and support in equal measure; to help strategically shape the future organisation to deliver the biggest possible performance outcomes.
The purpose of the role is to lead a team that is agile, connected and accountable partner to the Commercial Leadership teams enabling growth and performance through focusing on the five pillars of our Global HR Strategy: Continuous Learning, Disruptive Approach to Talent, Inclusion & Diversity, Speed, Focus & Simplicity & Fulfilling Employee Experiences for the market
This role operates across the full Market. It is critical that the incumbent can navigate the matrix organisation, lead through others, build strong relationships and influence within all levels of the business.
This role leads the people agenda across all of the functions within the Market leveraging our Global Centers of Excellence and shared service colleagues.
Your Top Accountabilities
- Partner with the commercial leadership teams to build and deliver ambitious and disruptive talent plans which includes robust succession planning to future proof the business, resourcing for our biggest opportunities at pace, strong proactive pipeline of talent, and creating exciting accelerated career path for people which accelerates their development. This will include ongoing collaboration with the Global Functions HRBPs and HRBPs in other markets.
- Lead the Organisation Effectiveness agenda across the different commercial teams – grounded in the market strategy and by leveraging data and analytics creating possibilities that results in high performing and game changing performance, delivers cost efficiencies and injects the right reinvestments. The role provides change leadership across the organisation by pulling the levers of across capability, process, ways of working, culture and leadership to deliver the outcomes for the business.
- Drive inclusion and diversity agenda bespoke to each commercial area across all HR levers (talent, reward, culture, learning, etc) that creates an inclusive culture where each employee feel valued for their uniqueness and are able to maximise their impact.
- Build high performing teams, coaching line managers to create an agile, stretching and focused performance culture to enables outstanding performance and fulfilling employee experiences collaborating with HR shared service teams and our Centres of Excellence.
- Instill a continuous learning culture throughout the organisation ensuring employees have access to stretching experiences and great learning content that fuels constant growth in their capabilities and our business performance.
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- Several years of experience in a similiar role within a matrix organisation
- An innate curiosity to understand what drives the business and how the varying agendas across each commercial team contribute towards driving the market forward, enabling the leader to be able to add value through seeing each scenario through the lens of both the business objective and the people agenda
- Successful management of senior stakeholders at all levels, resulting in strong and positive outcomes
- Highly conceptual – is able to join the dots and paint a picture that makes sense and influences the business
- Deep understanding of organisational design principles and how to create principles for each commercial team to drive growth/progression
- Change and project management skills (including influencing change)
- Experience in working successfully with stakeholders at the most senior level – black-belt coach– influencing, supporting and challenging
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain genuine relationships based on mutual trust & respect
- Excellent talent judgement – ability to assess talent gaps, and suggest actions needed to strengthen the talent bench
- Being able to excel when dealing with ambiguity, complexity and working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and matrixed environment
- Ability to understand and drive insights from HR data, analysing to measure impacts, assess OE plans, diagnose trends and link to business performance outcomes
- Deep personal accountability for great performance
- Experience working across multiple countries/geographies/cultures