Reward Manager UK & Ireland, Open to flexible working
The role supports the reward agenda for approximately 5,000 employees that span all aspects of Diageo’s business. The majority of employees are based in Scotland as part of Global Supply, while there are significant operations in Ireland and England including the global headquarters of Diageo
Purpose of Role
Plays a role in the Global Reward Leadership Team – providing insights, shaping the Diageo Reward Strategy, sharing best practices while enhancing / improving policies and processes.
The role will be a trusted advisor and partner to a broad group of HRBPs, HRDs/HRLT and Functional LTs globally to build a detailed understanding of the total compensation and benefits environment in line with business strategy, often regionally. The individual will ensure that the reward agenda is grounded in the business agenda through ensuring robust Multi Year Talent Planning.
Ultimately this position is responsible for providing long term competitive advantage to the business in terms of best talent attraction, motivation and employee retention through leading edge compensation and benefit programs.
- Develops a depth and breadth of expertise and provides internal consulting on all key reward enablers – including market data acquisition and analysis, salary management, job evaluation, competitive mix determination, incentive plan design, policy development and total reward communications.
- Embeds reward management principles across all client groups and ensures the overall integrity of the grading structure and related reward frameworks.
- Ensure relevant processes are managed in line with Diageo Controls and Risk Management (CARM) expectations.
- For the annual reward cycle, integral in developing the budget recommendation for UKI. Advises on how benchmark data will be used and ensures competitive pay mix while also keeping long term sustainability top of mind.
- Provides guidance on reward decisions as well as developing reward communications for a variety of audiences (Leadership teams, line managers, employees etc).
- Builds reward capability in HR business partners, HRDs, people managers and employees to enable the attraction, retention and motivation of our people.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or business
- Minimum 8 years professional Human Resources experience – preferably with at 2 years reward experience with a focus on compensation and benefit design and/or reward application (ideally within the countries it will be supporting)
- Commercial experience and the ability to prove that they understand the commercial agenda
- Proven strategic and analytical thinking skills with the ability to solve problems in a timely manner. Uses experience to focus attention on key issues.
- Experience of contributing to change programmes in a dynamic business environment. Embraces change and takes ownership for driving reward initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience of having successfully engaged, motivated and influenced a diverse set of stakeholders. Able to build credibility and relationships with line managers, employees and other HR teams
- Passion for people management and development, with a proven track record of being able to motivate, engage, grow and empower people. Can deliver through others, knowing when and how to delegate and grow others ownership and impact
- Experience working with external suppliers and contractors.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- High appreciation of dealing with sensitive / confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) any other European languages would be an advantage. Ability to design and manage communications for a large and diverse audience
- Understanding of organisational dynamics and processes
- Strong networker internal and external to Diageo