Schroders Personal Wealth ACD Compliance Manager, Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
As the Schroders Personal Wealth ACD Compliance Manager, you will support the SPW ACD Compliance Officer and wider business to effectively manage regulatory compliance and oversee a robust, integrated and effective risk management framework to ensure our funds are run in the best interests of investors.
Operating within the SPW 2nd line Risk function, this role is responsible for supporting the business in design and implementation of appropriate controls over regulatory risk matters within SPW ACD e.g. by delivering the compliance monitoring plan; identifying emerging issues, understanding the impact of regulatory change; implementation of policies and processes; building strong working relationships; advising the business on compliance and other risk matters and fostering a culture of rigorous compliance.
You will be expected to analyse, investigate and evaluate compliance risks within SPWACD, working with the ACD Compliance Officer to develop policy recommendations in the context of the SPW Group framework and challenging and advising the business to ensure compliance risks are understood, mitigated and controlled.
Schroders Personal Wealth combines over 400 years of expertise from two leading British companies - partnering to bring financial planning services to more people in the UK.
Schroders Personal Wealth combines Lloyds Banking Group's significant customer base, multi-channel distribution and digital capabilities with Schroders' investment and wealth management expertise and technology capabilities.
Our focus is on the personal relationship we develop with our customers, underpinned by our multi-channel customer reach and our global investment expertise. Our aim is to become a top UK financial planning business within five years.
Would you like to be part of making this possible?
- Ensuring effective regulatory and compliance risk oversight of SPW ACD, delivering, maintaining and improving compliance business wide
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the existing controls, policies and procedures by supporting the delivery of the SPW ACD Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Identifies shortcomings, suggests improvements and implements approved revisions to current compliance processes, systems and procedures within the ACD
- Increase awareness and promote a culture of compliance internally
- Positively influence others by demonstrating core SPW values and behaviours
Supporting the business
- Build and maintain a cross-functional internal network of key stakeholders
- As a trusted advisor, provide compliance and regulatory advice and analysis in relation to relevant business initiatives, projects, issues or events to ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and policy
- Support delivery of SPW ACD objectives having regard to the interests of shareholders, investors and colleagues, and to the public and social responsibilities through active collaboration with other colleagues
- Assist the ACD Compliance Officer with regulatory horizon scanning, analysing the impact on the business and helping implement the appropriate changes within our policy and procedures
- Creation and submission of regular reports to the SPW ACD Chief Risk Officer and other executives on information gathered and analysed in order to make recommendations for improvements to the management and control of risk as appropriate
- Report and escalate compliance issues within SPWACD, recommending solutions as required
Key Capabilities, Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The jobholder will ideally hold a Professional qualification and/or have experience in risk management, specifically having compliance and regulatory experience within an Investment Management business and evidencing:
- Strong stakeholder management skills with ability to influence at all levels, and build strong working relationships across the business
- Comprehensive knowledge and wide experience across financial services, with particular depth in investment business, ideally in fund management
- In-depth understanding of the regulation and compliance risks associated with Authorised Corporate Director entities and associated regulations
- Investor and market understanding and expertise of compliance and regulatory risk
- Evidence of operating within an organisation who operate a 3 lines of defence risk framework
- Good knowledge of key relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements
- Ability to operate within a Compliance advisory capacity; using your knowledge to identify issues and guide pragmatic risk mitigation
- Ability to provide wise, concise and pragmatic advice (both written and verbal) on regulatory requirements and their application across the business
Our ethos is to provide equal opportunities to all, and to ensure we represent the communities we serve.
If like us, you're more motivated by customers than by target, and you'd thrive in a culture that is values and client led - come and talk to us. Select the Apply Now button to start the conversation.