Business Development Leader - Assurance, Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
The Service Line BD leader is primarily responsible for defining, developing and activating Service Line go-to-market strategy in support of the Service Line Markets Leader.
This role works closely with Service Line leadership to drive pipeline and revenue growth through:
- The design and deployment of strategic and tactical business development programs and go-to-market initiatives.
- Promoting the service line in firm-wide service and solution development and roll-out
- Leading Business Development programs and initiatives within the service line, and representing the service line on sector-led programs and initiatives
- Collaborating with the marketing function to ensure marketing initiatives are supported with sales-ready go-to-market material (where appropriate)
- Acting as the conduit for ensuring the service line gets the right level and type of support from the wider Business Development Team
The Service Line BD leader will also be required to work with Service Line Leadership to ensure Assurance are providing the right resources at the right time to convert major opportunities.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage the strategic planning process for the Service Line including the identification of appropriate go-to-market activities to achieve market leadership
- Lead execution of market analysis and account segmentation/ prioritisation for the Service Line, with support from Service Line operations and the Service Line Solution Activation Strategist
- Drive the deployment of Service Line go-to-market plans and activities. Work closely with Service Line leadership team to identify business needs, determine key accounts, co-develop actions and timelines, and align resources in support of go-to-market activities
- Serve as program lead for the implementation of firm-wide business development programs within the Service Line including go-to-market sales campaigns, growth platforms and other prioritised initiatives that support opportunity development and account management.
- Request support from Service Line operations to track results of go-to-market initiatives and provide frequent status communications.
- Collaborate with Business Development functional specialists, Brand, Marketing and Communications, and other resources as needed to support Service Line and account team needs
- Leverage the global EY network to connect our clients to the right insights and thought leadership.
- Be involved in key external events, including Assessment of Service Quality (ASQ) activities (win/loss debriefs, relationship touch points, etc.), networking events, etc. for the Service Line.
- Drive exceptional client service by delivering relevant insights and best practices in the markets segment.
- Develop and deliver strategies to enable robust account planning/account team meetings serving as a coach
- Facilitate strategic discussions with Account teams and Service Line Boards to determine relevant strategies for the accounts and the Service Line
- Facilitate account management sessions with account teams
- Drive the sales cadence process for the Service Line (industry sector or geography) including initiating/supporting activities to enhance pipeline integrity
Strategic Pursuits and Opportunity Management
- Coach account teams on pursuit opportunities or provide additional pursuit support where there is no assigned business development executive
- Arrange and facilitate strategic pursuit support for assigned Service Line
Skills and attributes for success
- Knowledge/expertise in the firm's solutions and service offerings
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships at a senior level
- Team player, willing to get involved in all aspects of projects
- Strong executive presence, leadership skills and the ability to influence others
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strategic and creative mindset
- Knowledgeable of market and industry dynamics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in an ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Experience with coaching teams
- Ability to create and adapt materials, solutions and approaches to ensure they are client-focused.
- Thorough understanding of business development principles and their application
To qualify for the role you must have
- In-depth knowledge of firm's account management framework and strategic relationships/opportunity tools and processes
Ideally, you’ll also have
- This role may have direct supervisory responsibility for other Business Development resource in the Service Line and will need to make decisions regarding performance of this team
- Ensure that strong and effective relationships are built and maintained with the GDS teams
- Strong influencing skills are required to work with other members of the business development service line or market segment/industry sector team to drive results. Also required to collaborate effectively and efficiently with other functional groups within EY
What we look for
A leader primarily responsible for defining, developing and activating Service Line go-to-market strategy in support of the Service Line Markets Leader.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.