Senior Manager - Insurance Operations, Open to flexible working
Drawing on its reputation for providing deep industry experience and leading consulting services to the Insurance industry, EY is currently further expanding its Financial Services Performance Improvement practice.
We are seeing continued and growing demand from insurers and brokers to assist them in dealing with their most pressing challenges: profound regulatory change, economic uncertainty, ongoing cost and competitive pressures, changing customer expectations and technology-driven disruption. We help our top tier insurance clients with the major transformational changes they are undertaking to respond to these challenges, through simplifying their business models, improving their processes, implementing data and technology-driven solutions, while focusing on customer needs in established and developing markets. We expect these industry developments to continue and lead to an increasing in demand for our consulting services.
We are currently seeking high achieving and motivated Senior Managers, who show strong potential and enthusiasm for growing and developing a consulting career with EY. You will be working within our Performance Improvement Insurance team, consulting with our Top Tier insurance clients and working on projects focused on addressing their most significant challenges.
Your key responsibilities
- Leading the design and delivery of complex transformation projects on engagements for key Speciality and General Insurance clients
- Managing large cross-functional engagement teams and third parties
- Liaising with service line teams, functional specialists and Area Partners
- Managing a portfolio of top tier insurance clients
- Leveraging your own network and relationships for EY to further enhance EY’s reputation in the market
- Identifying opportunities for new business and leading proposals and bids
- Managing engagement profitability and meeting individual target revenues
- EY internal operational activities (chargeability, billing, quality and risk management)
- Acting as a career counsellor to a small team (1-5 people) and being involved in the recruitment process across graduates, executives and managers
Skills and attributes for success
- Significant experience leading transformation projects within the GI and Speciality Insurance market, managing multi-workstream, cross-functional delivery
- Significant experience of working in a client facing or consulting role
- Strong track record in project delivery, with an ability to develop and deliver high quality output against project objectives and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to lead successful teams across to win and deliver complex projects
- Experience of leading business development
- Good understanding of the insurance value chain (including sales, distribution, customer management, underwriting, claims management, policy servicing and reinsurance)
- Excellent client stakeholder management skills and ability to build relationships
- Intellectual strength, curiosity and flexibility to navigate ambiguous client requirements, question the status quo, rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution
- Flexibility to travel to, and work in, other locations is essential
To qualify for the role you must have (within Insurance)
- Operational improvement experience – an understanding of how change can be enabled through operating model design, capability definition and development, process improvement, application and technology platforms
- Transformation experience – end-to-end, technology-driven change through the full lifecycle (discovery, business requirements definition, technical design, implementation, testing, post go-live support and run)
- Revenue enhancement/distribution strategy experience, including market assessment, opportunity identification, channel dynamics, business planning
- A demonstrable understanding of the Speciality and General Insurance markets, commercial dynamics and change levers
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ambition to build / develop a career in advising insurance clients around operational improvement and revenue enhancement at EY
- The drive and commitment to achieving solutions with the ability to work under pressure
- A strong interest and commitment to developing and delivering leading edge solutions to insurance industry clients
What we look for
- A team player who openly supports, encourages and shares knowledge with colleagues
- The ability to coach and mentor junior colleagues and provide on-the-job training
- Commitment to actively engaging with our D&I agenda and championing social purpose-driven change
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!