Supply Chain Planner, Open to flexible working
The Supply Chain Planner is responsible for developing, coordinating and managing the (Primary Packs - API) supply schedules across the Product Development & Supply (PDS) network. The principal aims of this role are to deliver achievable plans to meet project needs at the lowest possible costs, to maximise the utilisation of GSKs pilot plant assets across PDS and drive value through the Medicinal Science & Technology (MST) supply chain by viewing it as a strategic asset. The Supply chain planner is responsible for driving the global supply chain strategy and planning in partnership within the Clinical Supply Chain (CSC) organisation involved in translating clinical protocols into supply strategies.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Turn the consolidated secondary pack forecast (PK) into a Primary pack (PP) through API Supply Plan which includes lead time offsets, and yields
- Maintain inventory (Primary Package (PP), Bulk (DP), Commercial (CP) and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API))
- Setting inventory policies (CP, PP - DP - API) in collaboration with Supply Chain Manager (SCM)
- Interface with manufacturing and Medicine & Process Delivery (MPD/CMC), Pharma Supply Chain (PSC), BioPharma and Pharma Development (BPD/PD), External Supply and Packaging (ES)
- Deliver innovation in the Clinical Supply Chain to deliver cost savings, reduce risk and improve service.
- Assess opportunities to apply Supply Chain Excellence techniques throughout all operations in Research and Development (R&D)
- Provide high quality, risk-adjusted supply information to CSC management and, as needed, to PDS leadership on the plans for the supply chain.
- Ownership/facilitation of supply planning meeting (PP - API) in support of Demand & Operations Planning (D&OP) cycle
- Development, delivery and management of supply chain agreements which incorporate risk assessments and mitigation plans
- Understand and accurately capturing development campaigns
- Metrics (i.e. schedule adherence) on the status and stability of PP - API supply plans
- Facilitate the supply planning meetings for the assets responsible for managing
- Provide input for Primary Packs into local plan via network planning or other agreed routes of communication
- Direct input of accurate, timely and consistent information into supply chain nodes (note in Key Results above)
- Challenges planning information at the study level and helps resolve logistical conflicts impacting studies and R&D milestones ensuring supplies are not on the critical path.
- Drive value through the extended supply chain by viewing it as a strategic asset.
- Translate the R&D project needs into achievable supply plans across PDS and GMS for all development projects.
- Respond to a changing strategic nature of demand with high quality supply plans
- Manage multiple and complex projects, and those which require strong problem solving skills and creative or innovative thought
- Achieve work through others that do not report directly to them
- Demonstrate understanding of planning and inventory management
- Influence supply chain in the management of inventory
- Understand master data elements - yields, lots sizes, lead-time etc
- Influence manufacturing - must possess good negotiation skills
- Assess impact of supply chain implications, propose resolutions and gain buy-in
- Think and work innovatively, creating contingency plans and mitigating risks while working within the confines of the current capacity/facitlity environment. Will influence change and/or challenge insourcing/outsourcing decisions when appropriate to do so.
- Proactively engage with network planning, and the nodes to ensure supply options and risks are explored and agreed.
- Work well in a matrix environment and take direction from others where necessary. Significant matrix working with key partners in PDS, MPD, and GMS developing and maintaining strong working relationships with people across all appropriate levels.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- B.S., M.S., Pharmacy, Chemistry or Logistics or equivalent experience in relevant field
- Direct experience of project management, and inventory management
- In depth experience of Supply Chain Logistics techniques used by world class supply chain organisations to drive value to operations.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- In depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical supply chains used in commercial and clinical trials supply
- Demonstrated ability to employ appropriate modelling techniques to generate business value
- Demonstrated ability to employ recognised financial appraisal techniques to assess diverse strategic projects
- In-depth knowledge of GMS, External and PPO Pilot Plant network (including sites/technologies/projects) and key contacts
- Demonstrated ability of working in a matrix environment and balanced with an ability to establish plans and drive for results
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Problem solving abilities suitable for handling the complex issues associated with global supply problems
- Demonstrated ability & flexibility to work with aggressive and changing timelines and with limited information and without defined absolutes
- APICS or CILT certification
- Lean Sigma training/Experience
- Project Management Training/Experience
- Operational Excellence/R&D Enhance experience and knowledge
- CIPS qualifications preferred
- In-depth understanding of the planning activities - lines between nodes
- Proficient in excel - must be able to develop and manage complex workbooks
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk .
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.