Director, Global Market Access and Pricing, COVID Therpeutics, Open to flexible working
If you feel energised and motivated to work on a transformative opportunity that impacts patients and the broader society, are excited to elevate the GSK brand and support our mission to be a global leader in immunology, we would like to hear from you!
GSKs Global Price and Market Access Team are a key partner within the commercial function of the global Speciality and Primary Care Therapy Area. Our targeted and consistent input throughout the product lifecycle enhances pipeline value and supports performance excellence through launch readiness, execution, and lifecycle management. Global Market Access and Pricing within GSK operates at the interface of multiple cross-functional stakeholders including health outcomes, medical, clinical and regulatory, partnering with key affiliates and regions to ensure an optimal global launch for the benefit of patients.
COVID 19 has been a disruptive global event that has created health and economic impacts at a scale that has never been seen before. In this uncertain and volatile environment GSK has stepped up and channeled its global resources to the development of a portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics that can both treat and prevent COVID 19. Out of this significant investment GSKs COVID therapeutics has emerged. Comprised of a dynamic, responsive and agile cross-functional team, the COVID therapeutics team have a single-minded mission to embed our non-vaccines portfolio into the rapidly evolving treatment and prevention strategies. All this, in timeframes and with levels of uncertainty that are previously unknown in the industry.
Global Market Access and Pricing are a key player within COVID Therapeutics. Although our price, value, access and evidence input is consistent with any other asset, the urgency, the lack of precedent, and the lack of insights make this market access and pricing role anything but traditional. With the opening of economies increasingly anchored to the availability of vaccines and therapeutics, the positioning and commercial agreements we negotiate for GSKs COVID therapeutics will be among the most highly visible in pharmaceutical history. Our strategic input to pricing decisions, the allocation of constrained supply, and the approaches we develop to support broad and affordable access will all help to shape the positive perception of GSK and of the pharmaceutical industry.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Develop and evolve price and access strategies that align to product value, targeted patient access, availability of product supply, and the reputational benefit: risk to GSK
- Develop compelling value propositions that resonate with the needs of patients, vulnerable populations and critical workers in the treatment and prevention strategies of healthcare systems
- Identify and manage pricing risks associated with launch sequence, expansion in global footprint, political willingness and the ability to fund / pay
- Develop innovative pricing, payment and funding options that delivers targeted access for COVID patients as well as for effective prophylaxis strategies in different market archetypes
- Lead development of innovative contracting designs that support optimal allocation of available product supply through launch and subsequent years of pandemic management
- Provide insights to inform launch and real-world evidence plans that demonstrate product value and contribute to improved strategies for treatment and prevention of COVID 19
- Lead the activation of market access and pricing teams at regional and affiliate level, overseeing early engagement with purchasing decision makers at national and regional level to ensure timely execution of price, contracting and market access strategy (including advance contracting to allocate initial launch supply)
- Identify and address risks to successful execution of the global price and access components of the commercial strategy, including capability gaps, resourcing needs, internal barriers
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors or Graduate degree
- Experience in Pricing and Market Access in the pharma, vaccines, or biosimilars industry
- Experience and understanding of brand/therapeutic area marketing strategy
- Expertise in payer markets including understanding of all channels and segments
- Understanding of environmental/policy issues and trends that may influence price and access
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Health outcomes application and analysis
- Understanding of influence of price across payer, provider, and patient landscape and ability to translate both business and individual needs across different therapy area/brand value
- Experience Leading in a matrix environment and influencing across various levels and within various functions
- Ability to excel in a constantly evolving and dynamic landscape
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity at times
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal influencing skills and prioritization skills
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated analytical skills
- Critical thinking
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.