Medical Advisor, open to flexible working
Medical Advisor, Vaccines
We are recruiting for an experienced licensed physician to provide medical expertise across the Vaccines therapy area and provide authoritative opinion on medical and ethical matters to support colleagues across GSK UK.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of company's products and the structure of the UK healthcare system.
- Support the Medical Director and/or Medical Affairs Manager in carrying out daily operational activities of the medical department.
- Provide proactive input to the development of business strategy, working closely with commercial colleagues across GSK UK.
- Support all medical affairs projects and activities, including input and support to cross-functional team.
- Co-ordinate and utilise specialist knowledge with brand aligned colleagues in formulating and implementing short- and long-term medical strategy.
- Work closely with regulatory, commercial, clinical and health outcomes teams to enable patient access to vaccinations, including evidence planning and generation.
- Effectively develop relationships with key stakeholders and external organisations (including key opinion leaders, patient organisations, professional bodies, etc.) to ensure that GlaxoSmithKline retains a leading voice in the UK Healthcare industry.
- Review and sign-off (final approval) of promotional and non-promotional materials in-line with ABPI Code of Practice and GSK Code of Practice. Ensure compliance with all relevant GSK UK procedures, including Codes of Practice, GCP, and medicines legislation.
- Understand concepts and processes of pharmacovigilance and be able to provide input into Pharmacovigilance activities as required. Ensure compliance of all activities with relevant medicine safety requirements, including patient support programmes, market research activities and review and implementation of risk management plans as required.
- For GSK sponsored vaccine studies - serve as Local Medical Lead (LML) and provide support to the study design and conduct. Provide medical/scientific leadership to the local study teams and manage all local medical activities required before the study start, during the study, and after study completion and analysis.
- Provides input on local risk management activities and ensure medical oversight of study quality in accordance with GCP/ICH for all GSK vaccines studies (Phase I-IV)
- Establish relationships and build trust with investigators; answer investigators' study-related medical questions. Provide GCP, pharmacovigilance, and therapy area training as and when required and address issues arising from studies in the UK by supporting the clinical director and clinical study managers.
- Provide medical input into post-study analysis with the central team and interpretation of the study results for UK audiences. Provide input into reviews and sign-off of abstracts, reports and publications where required
- Provide internal training and specialist support within therapy area for office and field-based staff as required.
You will be a licensed physician in the UK or EU, ideally with significant experience beyond clinical medicine. You will enjoy collaborating cross functionally, be a strategic thinker with strong written and oral communication skills. You will be flexible in your approach, able to respond to changing priorities and be able to work independently to resolve problems, whilst contributing to a broader team when required. You will be solution focused, with an eye for detail and a proactive approach.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- A licensed physician in the UK or EU
- Significant clinical experience; experience beyond clinical medicine preferred
- Broad therapy area knowledge
- Effective communication skills both in writing and verbally are essential
- Ability to communicate complex issues and data to wide range of professional and lay audiences, adapting message and style to suit.
- Excellent presentation and teaching skills to represent the company in a professional medical manner during medical, scientific and public events
- Contribute effectively in the team, respond positively to requests, engage in team work activities and objectives
- Plan, identify priorities, organise activities and monitor progress to ensure team and individual objectives are met
- Prioritise and plan work with an appropriate sense of urgency and enthusiasm to cope effectively with obstacles and pressure. Respond positively to change and adapting well to changing day to day activities and work procedures as appropriate
- Keeps up to date with the new data and changing healthcare environment
- Proactive, self-motivated, innovative and results-oriented attitude
- Willingness to travel (inside and outside of UK) and within compliance of current Government travel recommendations.
- Membership/Fellowship qualification desirable, but not essential
- Immunology or vaccines therapy experience would be an advantage
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience preferred, ideally in relevant therapy area, including customer-facing experience
- Experience with ABPI / review and approval of promotional and non-promotional materials and activities desirable, but not essential
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.